PDA

View Full Version : irritating light insects

anit
9th January 2009, 10:56 AM
you know there is this kind of flies that are attracted to lights? i got that some times in my old house but now my new house don't have. is there some kind of area that particular has these kind of flies?

duffyduck
12th January 2009, 10:07 PM
mm... now that you mentioned... ya I remember those kinds of insects that flies around the light. and also some that will appear when it's going to rain. but now they seem to have disappear! I think it's becoz of the urbanisation that these insects gradually extinct??? or may be better / cleaner living environment so they disappear?

anit
13th January 2009, 02:06 PM
does that means that they have extinct. haiya should have catch and preserve some of those for reseach. heheheheh

actually i see those at basket ball courts near my neighbourhood but fortunately they don't fly to my house.

routristan
23rd December 2009, 11:15 AM
i dont think their extinct. maybe they have a pattern that they will follow according to their mating season or something. so once its time to get it on, they'll come out again. but some how, it always seem to come during the rainy season. lol. thats the best time right? all nice and cosy :p

fwong93
12th January 2010, 02:20 PM
just have to burn aroma oil and they wont come near your home or your lights. my grandma's remedy and it works too

Advanze
16th June 2010, 01:53 PM
Well another way is to install this product called the magnetic insect screen to keep those pesky flies , bugs and even lizards out from your home

anit
16th June 2010, 05:43 PM
talking about lizards. i more afraid of them then ****roaches. anyway recently i bought a can of ridsect for lizard. it does not kill lizard but it will prevent lizard from coming in so you have to spray them on the circumferences of doors and windows. the lizard will slip and fall.

just 2 nights ago, a lizard came into my door or rather was crawling on my floor it was my dog that spotted it. the ridsect does work as the lizard slip but the thing is it still crawl through the door at the bottom after it falls. i can spray on the floor.

haiya it still does not solve my lizard problem.

wendychia
29th February 2012, 02:41 PM
you know there is this kind of flies that are attracted to lights? i got that some times in my old house but now my new house don't have. is there some kind of area that particular has these kind of flies?

i got the same problem now.. the insects like to fly around my table lamp..

Miyoko
11th April 2012, 01:50 PM
The insects are afraid of smoke, so if you have smokers at home is unlikely to have the insects.