PDA

View Full Version : mold in toilet

eileenlim
9th January 2009, 11:13 AM
recently, i found these mold thing in-between the tiles of my toilet. i tried removing them using bleach but in less then a week it appear again. how to rid them permantly or at least long enough

evel
12th January 2009, 12:09 PM
i faced the same problem for my white homogeneous tiles too. the joint is grey. any chemical agent to make it white?

slow learner
22nd January 2009, 11:59 AM
use Duck stain remove. They are pretty good.

Another thing, after each shower. Just use a rough sponge to rise the tiles where water splash on - guarantee no mold.

milooi
23rd December 2009, 03:23 PM
When cleaning tiles, do not use any harsh abrasives, such as scouring powder, as these cleansers may scratch and damage the tile's surface. Unless a cleanser's label specifically reads that the cleanser is safe for use on tiled surfaces, do not use the product.

For more severely grimy tiles and grout, where mild detergent cleaning does not cleanse thoroughly, you can use a solution made of chlorine bleach and water to remove any dirt present. Before making this solution, be sure that the environment that you will be working in is well ventilated. Additionally, it is advisable that you place strong rubber gloves on your hands especially if you will be cleaning walled surfaces.

To make the solution, take one cup of chlorine bleach and mix it into 5 litres of water in a bucket. Once mixed, let the solution sit for approximately 15-20 minutes. Next, if cleaning walls, take a sponge or, if cleaning floors, a mop or soft bristle brush, and dip the tool into the solution. Take the sponge or mop/brush and rub it all over the dirty areas. Once all of the areas have been covered by the solution, let the solution remain on the surfaces, untouched, for approximately 10-20 minutes depending on the amount of grime present. After the time has elapsed, rinse down the whole area with plain water. Next, use the mild detergent and water solution procedure, explained previously, to remove any remaining traces of chlorine bleach. Finally, rinse down the area again using only plain water. Once all of the detergent solution has been rinsed away, wipe down the tiled surfaces with a clean cloth to dry the area thoroughly.

nickycboy
4th January 2010, 02:22 PM
i think bleach would do the trick. add two capfuls of bleach into a a pail of water. if its warm or hot water, it works better. then pour the solution onto the affected area and leave it for about 30min. then start scrubbing to see all the mold come off

saycathy
28th February 2010, 02:44 PM
Hmm, wow thanks for the good info here!:)

eileenlim
1st March 2010, 01:31 PM
yes use bleach can come off but after awhile the mold will resurface. i now using migic clean for bathrooms and toilets which works equally well and the mold don't return so fast.