PDA

View Full Version : a good water heater

zhiwei
16th January 2009, 08:55 AM
hello newbie here.

wanted to change a new water heater cos the current one does not produce any hot water now.

heard that there are water storage type and instant heat type. what is good. i want those that heat immediately so i don't have to wait.

any advise?:confused:

mcpqueen
16th January 2009, 09:08 PM
No need to wait! Than you get the instant type. Those are expose type of water heater - you can see it right infront of you.

Whereas the storage type - you will not see the heater, it is usually up hiding in the access panel? of course it can also instantly have hot water if you turn it on all the time. But your power bill will kill you.

zhiwei
17th January 2009, 10:47 AM
those water storage type can be more expensive then the box type installed on the bath room right? the box type is the water hot enough? heard that this kind usually will not heat the water hot enough.

i troublesome hor, so many requirements.. paiseh

Babyrie
19th January 2009, 06:20 PM
Instant water heater are not expensive - you can easily get them for within $100. Whereas the storage type will cost you up to $400.

zhiwei
26th February 2009, 11:35 AM
yar that's those box type in the bathroom right. heard from my dad that it's not hot enough. all my years living with my parents, we are using the storage type and last year spoilt so my dad install any storage type that cost $450.

i still don't understand the different. if the box type and provide instant hot water and it's so afforable why want to have the storage type?

Curry Chicken
4th March 2009, 06:36 PM
Yeap, I used the instant type previously and it's just not hot enough. I much prefer water at higher temperature so the storage water heater gets my vote!

vincehu564
5th January 2010, 12:31 PM
never knew that they had so many types of heaters. now that i have an idea, i think the instant heat is more than enough. i cant take too much heat anyways. plus, no need to wait for the water to heat up. can shower immediately