PDA

View Full Version : Aircon Maintenance

cookies
12th February 2009, 03:17 PM
how much does a typical aircon maintenance cost. i heard there is also package cost. I'm just trying to make some comparision.

happylalapo
2nd March 2009, 11:06 PM
from what i know it is typical for air-con servicing to cause between $20 to $30 per blower.

this is for cleaning only - however if you are looking at chemical cleaning than it can be as high as $150 per unit.

cookies
3rd March 2009, 11:11 AM
it is better to change a new aircon unit if it's like over 10 years old. i heard older aircon tends to take up for energy

happylalapo
4th March 2009, 02:57 PM
Yes, I think if the air-con unit is old make sense to change - new air-con are more energy efficeint and not only that I think it is hygenic issue.

Mold and dust mite ..... and usually old air-con unit has smell.

cookies
5th March 2009, 02:28 PM
dad does the occasional washing. he will removed the parts and pour water to remove the dust so that it will not choke. that's why my aircon still works well after more then 10 years. i'm thinking to change is because of energy comsumption

slow learner
20th March 2009, 09:53 PM
dad does the occasional washing. he will removed the parts and pour water to remove the dust so that it will not choke. that's why my aircon still works well after more then 10 years. i'm thinking to change is because of energy comsumption

humm, seems like there is no need for air-con servicing then, so are people cheated with servicing which are unnecessary - so is air-con servicing simply a gimmick that makes people spend money and creat jobs????

cookies
26th March 2009, 03:01 PM
hahaha no lar. aircon servicing is still needed for people who does not know how to do or simply too lazy to do. it's just like getting a maid to do household chores. you know how to do it but simply can't find time or lazy. sam logic.

vincehu564
23rd September 2009, 02:27 PM
here's a tip to save on your regular air-con servicing package.

make it a point to clean out the filter of your air-con units at least once in 3 months. depending on the amount of dust in your area, more cleaning may be required.

if you think that the room with the air-con unit is usually opened, then u should also clean the filter more frequently.

never try to vacuum the pipes of the ari-con unit yourself unless u really know how to do it. if done wrongly, u can damage your unit.

one last tip. take good care of your air-con remote control as it costs over SGD$100 to replace one. still on this matter, it puzzles me that i dont see any universal remote that works for the air-con. anyone knows if they exist?

kwee34
24th September 2009, 01:05 PM
hey vince!

GOOD STUFF.

thx!

fwong93
23rd December 2009, 11:27 AM
my aircon has been leaking for some time, i usually use a pail & put underneath it. any ideas on how to fix it on my own?

vincehu564
23rd December 2009, 11:57 AM
Your air con leaking is mainly due to the gel like substance that sitting on the drainage pan which leads to a drain piping. I really do not know how this substance builts up but as soon as the gel get more and more, its actually choke the piping that lead to the drainage thus causing an overflow that we usually says it is leaking.

B4 u do anything, get hold of a digital camera & snap all those wires or connections. In anycase if u forget which connector should be go to, at least u got the pic to help U.

Just unplug the power point 1st & now U can remove the unit as much as U could to get to the drainage thing.
I just did mine the other day

fwong93
23rd December 2009, 12:05 PM
if drain pan is overflowing, try this simple trick first. Find the spot where the drain pipe is discharging into the floortrap. Use a vacuum to suck the gel out of the drain pipe.
Most of the time, this will solve the problem, if it does not then u need to open up the fancoil and clear the pan.

kwee34
23rd December 2009, 03:08 PM
Just use blower or vacuum cleaner to suck out the algae/goo from the outlet of your drain-pipe. all aircons will have this drain-pipe but you gotta know where it terminates.

after that, vacuum away all the water (if there's any) in the drain-pan.

You might want to try a coil-cleaner such as ConCaire (which will further help to dissolve the grime and goo on your evaporator fins, especially if you eat and bring hot-drinks into your aircon room)

Be careful with the vacuum cleaner on the coils, don't bend the fins!

As for explicit details on how to dismantle? Every aircon brand is different... just experiment yourself. You can try to search in youtube :)

nickycboy
24th December 2009, 11:57 AM
Please help,I am looking for a Portable Aircon but have no ideal which brand is most recommanded?My preferrence,less noise and energy saver. . . thanks a million and merry christmas!

wendychia
6th March 2012, 01:03 PM
Anybody tried Chemical Servicing Aircon before?
I need some feed backs and details before i consider if i should engage them.