PDA

View Full Version : defect list

anit
13th February 2009, 08:51 AM
is there some kind of defect list that we can go thru with the owner before we take over the house. if there are defects like piping etc that need to be done who is suppose to handle - previous owner, new owner or HDB?

happylalapo
2nd March 2009, 11:05 PM
dear anit

usually people sell their house on as is where as basis, so there is no defects list that you can do.

however, for the case of HDB, if there are leakages from what i know you can inform town council and they will organise someone to come and do the repair - not sure if you have to pay this I am not so clear - you may like to check directly with town council.

anit
3rd March 2009, 08:45 AM
you mean after your stay in the house then you realise there is some pre-exisiting problem, you cannot find the previous owner?

happylalapo
4th March 2009, 02:55 PM
of course la

they sold you the house they do not warrant you.

Curry Chicken
4th March 2009, 05:36 PM
Check the property carefully before you buy lor

Ah Boy
17th March 2009, 04:46 PM
My fren checked her flat carefully before she bought hers but not soon after, her kitchen pipe started leaking. Sometimes suay no choice lor.

happylalapo
20th March 2009, 08:06 PM
sometimes when you buy a flat it is good when the apartment look like have not painted for a few years - cause you will beable to see if there are cracks or leak etc.

there are people who actually knew of leaks in their house but in order to sell the place they have a fresh coat of paint done and the leaks were sought off covered.

anit
23rd May 2009, 12:04 PM
there was an article published in the papers last year sharing tips on things to check when buying a house.

some of the tips shared which i find it really ridiculous are:

1. asked neighbours to turn on stero to see if the sound is too loud
2. move all the furnitures and rags to see if their is any defects hidden
3. turn on all the electrical applianances to see if the electricity can take the strain.

if i am the seller, i will show the buyer out of my house.

checking is important but you don't do such things at other people house right.

cookies
29th May 2009, 08:37 AM
yar man, xiao.

if the buyer do this at my house, i will show them to the door straight. this is abit too much.

anit
9th June 2009, 10:35 AM
to be frank lar how many of us will really do this. even a brand new development will also have defects let alone resale. just a matter of heng or sway lor.

hoclara
17th December 2009, 11:04 AM
i dont the owner will want to let u know if there are defects. but only the genuine ones will actually go thru the trouble to fix them before selling it off. but they will up the price a little though