PDA

View Full Version : DIY Wall Mural

cookies
13th February 2009, 09:11 AM
i thinking of painting my own bedroom wall. I have always those free hand drawing of beaches in my room wall but don't how i should start. i heard it will be easier if i were to start with a stencils. i always worry if my freehand skill not good then how?

anyone has experience to share

gloriajean
13th February 2009, 11:38 AM
I've helped my sis paint her room before. done some research... free hand drawing is not easy unless you are michael angelo the second. ahaha

stenciling is not a bad idea... nowadays there're many ready-made patterns on sale at DIY stores. start with some seashells patterns will be good. if not you can try tracing your own patterns on plastic sheets and cut it to make your own mould.

If you even can get a OHP even better... just project the patterns on the wall and trace! Great for large mural works. beside the stenciling mould, you'll also need to buy a sponge, some good brushes and a flat tray for the paint.

Go libray home decor section, there are plenty of diy info there! Good luck and have fun. =)

cookies
14th February 2009, 08:50 AM
thanks for your input gloriajean.

i like the idea of a OHP. wow that's would make work alot easlier but these days quite difficult to get this unless from education institute.

i did thought about the stencil thing but have to draw so many to combine into a big piece can be challenging too..

i probably start with a small port first to see how master skill.

irng
5th August 2009, 04:34 PM
i visited my girlfriend's house the other day and saw her kids room are so nice. they have those princess stickers and wall murals nicely sticked up. wah. i wonder whether is it expensive.

nickycboy
30th December 2009, 02:30 PM
The DIY wall murals can be made more beautiful by blending the paints. This results in a radiant look. There are different images or the themes available in the kits, which can either be painted or used to create entirely different images. It is advisable to use motion lines, to display objects moving and glitters can be used to ensure that the key areas of focus and interest are accentuated.

The DIY wall murals are perfect to create a renewed ambience and add imagination to the home or office. They make the remodeling of a place, possible, in an easy and affordable way.

vosiez
3rd February 2010, 03:21 PM
anyone knows where can buy cheap OHP? second hand oso can... i always wanted to paint diy mural but scared to mess it up n later get scolded by hubby hohoho... :p OHP will really make it much easier i guess.

cookies
4th February 2010, 10:13 AM
ohp for what? don't tell me you going to project the image on the wall and paint from it. then you can also use projector mah. now ohp i think only educational insitutation using, maybe now also don't have liao. all use note book and projector.

cookchicken
20th June 2010, 01:59 AM
i visited my girlfriend's house the other day and saw her kids room are so nice. they have those princess stickers and wall murals nicely sticked up. wah. i wonder whether is it expensive.

i think it depends. i was trying to beautify my own room using decals or stickers also weeks ago. i did quite some research on it. i saw the same decals but the price differ by a few times! i ordered a couple of decals from the cheaper alternative to check if the quality is superior enough and surprisingly, they are quite good. ya, so just to share with you. Anyway, the cheaper alternative is called Decalics. maybe you want to check it out.