PDA

View Full Version : wedding dinner location

anit
14th February 2009, 01:06 PM
where is a good place for wedding dinner. don't want hotel type but some chinese restaurant. very importantly is the food and portion and transport convenient.

Ah Boy
17th February 2009, 05:52 PM
Grand Shanghai not bad. Price is higher than average restaurant but cheaper than hotel. Food and ambience is fantastic :D

happylalapo
20th March 2009, 08:01 PM
yesterday was having dinner with some friends - this just came to mind why not have western style dinner instead some 5 course dinner in nice restaurant in dempsey area = White Rabbit is nice - yummy food

anit
27th April 2009, 02:20 PM
Grand Shanghai not bad. Price is higher than average restaurant but cheaper than hotel. Food and ambience is fantastic :D

attended a wedding dinner at grand shanghai before but the place there is rather small and the sitting arrangement is rather weird. i happen to be arranged to be seated at the booth table, can only sit 6 persons and when we need to stand up to 'yum sheng' all of us have to move out of the table as those people seated inside cannot stand up, even if you want to go toilet and you happen to sit inside, all have to move out to let you go out.

as for the food, though i thought is slightly different compared to those typical chinese cuisine. what i like best is those singer dressed in 'qi poa' singing old shanghainess songs.

anit
27th April 2009, 02:21 PM
yesterday was having dinner with some friends - this just came to mind why not have western style dinner instead some 5 course dinner in nice restaurant in dempsey area = White Rabbit is nice - yummy food

those restaurant at dempsey can sit how many people? should be quite small right?