PDA

View Full Version : bath with hot /cold water

anit
14th February 2009, 01:11 PM
is it good to bath in cold water in a hot day?

Ah Boy
17th February 2009, 05:54 PM
The way you ask like there is something wrong with that :confused:

slow learner
18th February 2009, 06:14 PM
ha! ha! ha!

Does it matter? when it is hot of course bath with cold water. :D

slow learner
20th March 2009, 10:02 PM
I asked a Doctor friend - An Indian Doctor who got his certificate as a doctor from Scotland.

He told me it is better to bath with cold water at all time. Rationale behind is cold water closes our pores and is less damaging to our skin.:confused:

Ah Boy
1st April 2009, 06:21 PM
So anit, you come to any conclusion yet?

fwong93
22nd December 2009, 01:52 PM
A lot of people have reported that it helps panic attacks, although I haven't seen any scientific backing for this it is purely anecdotal. However panic attacks bring blood rushing from areas of your body to those that need it most to get you ready for the flight or fight syndrome. Normally you would start to calm down after a while however if you suffer from panic attacks your adrenaline is still floating about in the body and your para-sympathetic nervous system does not shut down properly. It may be that a cold shower helps to shut down the system and readies it for heating your body up and getting blood to your vital organs.

Again some more anecdotal evidence, taking a cold shower every day helps to ward off colds. This is probably something to do with it strengthening the mucous membranes which, as mentioned above, helps to reduce fever, allergies and colds.

Try it for 21 days and see if you notice a difference.

myong406
23rd December 2009, 11:00 AM
i'd shower both actually... depending on what i feel that particular day. if im feeling warm, i'd take a cold shower and vice versa :)

anit
24th December 2009, 10:03 AM
ha i shower in warm water most of the time. not the very hot shower warm is just nice. so how? cold cannot tahan leh lao liao. especially morning when i work up to work.

from you guys, i convinced of the goodness of cold shower... hahahah...

milooi
24th December 2009, 10:29 AM
ha i shower in warm water most of the time. not the very hot shower warm is just nice. so how? cold cannot tahan leh lao liao. especially morning when i work up to work.

from you guys, i convinced of the goodness of cold shower... hahahah...

lol. . . lao liao ah? never too old to take a cold shower. u will need it especially when the weather in SG gets too hot

nickycboy
8th January 2010, 03:34 PM
I recently stopped taking warm showers and made the transition to taking cold showers and I found that it helps a lot with recovery, increases blood circulation to major organs, helps to get rid of toxics and it really wakes you up in the mornings. Putting the advantages aside, are there really any disadvantages to taking a cold shower excluding the fact that you shrink temporarily? I figure maybe I should make this a habit and always shower in cold water.

milooi
8th January 2010, 04:16 PM
I agree. Shocking the body with cold water actually causes blood to pool to your major organs. It is a life preserving reflex of the body to protect you. Certainly it will help you wake up fast and thus, kick your metabolism to its full daytime rate. I often feel hungry immediately after a cold shower, unsurprisingly

routristan
26th January 2010, 04:14 PM
a nice cold shower is ideal just after a workout. it cools the warm muscles and aids recovery. been trying that for weeks and i can feel the difference