PDA

View Full Version : liquor collection

lion
28th February 2009, 10:44 AM
does any one like to collect liquor to add to the decoration of your house?

my dad is a good example.

he has a very huge cabinet that he displayed his precious liquor collection. you can find all sorts of liquor and even some vintage collection as well

my dad does not allow anyone to touch that cabinet. he does the occassional cleaning himself and patiently place them back neatly on the shelf.

well where did he buy all these? actually i'm not sure too but there was once we have lunch together and there was a cash converter nearby and he said he wanted to go take a look and ended up buying 2 bottles of vintage liquor there.

i'm not a person who will spend money on collectables. will you?

lion has nothing to collect ....

Curry Chicken
4th March 2009, 05:52 PM
My mother loves to collect liquor as well. I think it's a fantastic hobby - no worries about alcohol running out :)

lion
3rd November 2009, 05:53 PM
My mother loves to collect liquor as well. I think it's a fantastic hobby - no worries about alcohol running out :)

but all these liquor keep liao cannot drink leh. will expire right. i also not sure. also don't know next time sell still got value.

lion choose to keep antiques if got $$$...

myong406
4th November 2009, 11:07 AM
hey lion,

its great that your dad has this hobby of collecting liquor. better than having a hobby of drinking them all the time. i read some where that liquor would taste a lot better as they age. so maybe, one day, instead of selling them, your dad will share with your family the quintessence of great alcohol =) it would be good if u join your dad in this venture and perhaps you two can get close. another item worth collecting are toys/figurines. these can be sold off at high prices in the future when they are considered rare/antiques.

lion
4th November 2009, 04:13 PM
hey lion,

its great that your dad has this hobby of collecting liquor. better than having a hobby of drinking them all the time. i read some where that liquor would taste a lot better as they age. so maybe, one day, instead of selling them, your dad will share with your family the quintessence of great alcohol =) it would be good if u join your dad in this venture and perhaps you two can get close. another item worth collecting are toys/figurines. these can be sold off at high prices in the future when they are considered rare/antiques.

do you have any idea whether old liquor can fetch good prices? if yes then i can take over them and make a fortune.

lion is thinking if making $$$...

myong406
4th November 2009, 05:48 PM
yes lion,

old liquor can fetch some good money. so go ahead and start rounding them up. good luck =)