PDA

View Full Version : Belly dancing

Babyrie
2nd April 2009, 12:38 AM
Hey, anyone has experience in belly dancing?

Thought it is fun...... well, I will be attending a trail on Monday morning. I hope it is fun :)

little faith
11th April 2009, 12:58 PM
right now economy so bad, our jobs not stable, ppl still have the moods to go for belly dancing?

happylalapo
16th April 2009, 05:41 PM
hey, why you so gloomy..... the more the economy no good the more you should do some spending .... ha! Ha!

Just joking.... exercise does remove stress too.

cookies
23rd July 2009, 12:09 PM
hey talk about belly dancing. i love it. currently i'm taking my intermediate 2 class. been learning since feb this year. it's fun and it has really help me in our moves making my body more flexible. i love to dance at disco but always very cautious about my moves but after i learnt belly dancing i feel that i can handle my body better.

economy gloomy but we still need to balance our life. we still needs leisure to keep a well balanced life. leisure can be something affordable as long as you enjoy.

come on cheer up we still need life.

vincehu564
5th January 2010, 12:34 PM
hey talk about belly dancing. i love it. currently i'm taking my intermediate 2 class. been learning since feb this year. it's fun and it has really help me in our moves making my body more flexible. i love to dance at disco but always very cautious about my moves but after i learnt belly dancing i feel that i can handle my body better.

economy gloomy but we still need to balance our life. we still needs leisure to keep a well balanced life. leisure can be something affordable as long as you enjoy.

come on cheer up we still need life.

so now u got the moves to groove. thats great. can share how they conduct the lessons? just curious

myong406
12th January 2010, 11:39 AM
i've always wanted to have a go at belly dancing but im a bit shy :o anyway, where are the good places to apply for classes?

cookies
14th January 2010, 11:13 AM
i'm taking classes with the CC cos it's cheaper. now i'm paying like $110 for 8 lessons each 1 hour session.

of cos when you started with the elementary, they teach you the basis moves and names of those moves. when yo advance to next level, you teach you cherography, of cos with news moves, but you dance along with the music.

it's rather fun and i find that women will start to love their body more after that. cos you can better handle your body and don't ne surprise, my teacher is rather fat but you see her grooves, she can swirl and curl like some snakes, it's something for every women fat or thin.

hoclara
18th January 2010, 11:28 AM
i'm taking classes with the CC cos it's cheaper. now i'm paying like $110 for 8 lessons each 1 hour session.

of cos when you started with the elementary, they teach you the basis moves and names of those moves. when yo advance to next level, you teach you cherography, of cos with news moves, but you dance along with the music.

it's rather fun and i find that women will start to love their body more after that. cos you can better handle your body and don't ne surprise, my teacher is rather fat but you see her grooves, she can swirl and curl like some snakes, it's something for every women fat or thin.

since u say that, i actually checked out some vids on youtube on belly dancing. very nice. wish i could move like that too. will all the CCs have belly dancing classes or only a selected few?

cookies
10th February 2010, 09:57 AM
i don't think all cc have belly dancing. you can go on onepa website to check it out.

milooi
10th February 2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, cc cheaper. cos i used to take under this teacher called Fatema...it's like $160 for 8 lessons...i miss belly dancing...feel like going again...if u all got new lobang let me know ;)

cookies
10th February 2010, 04:18 PM
currently i'm taking it at sengkang cc intermediate class. $110 for 8 lessons on every monday at 9pm for 1 hour. like i said can go to one pa website

happylalapo
23rd February 2010, 03:26 PM
belly dancing make belly round and beautiful.

:) I like it personally, although not that my belly is round and beautiful now - hee! Hee!

it is a form of good exercise! I like it.

cookies
24th February 2010, 07:52 AM
try it. i feel that it makes a woman beautiful as you will better control you body. bring out the sensuousness of a woman's body

milooi
24th February 2010, 02:53 PM
I agree with Cookies. :)

Yesterday I was walking at Central area and I saw Claribel's studio...saw the class going on from the window...

cookies
25th February 2010, 11:02 AM
now i'm thinking of taking chi yoga. not exactly sure what it is cos there are so many types of yoga but i heard this teach you more on breathing technics.

anyone has experience

hoclara
1st March 2010, 12:07 PM
cookies...how's your teacher? good? cos im near sengkang...so it's more convenient for me

cookies
2nd March 2010, 11:37 AM
my belly dancing teacher is good and she also organised alot of out of class activities and performances for your exposure if you are good enough.

hoclara
2nd March 2010, 05:30 PM
my belly dancing teacher is good and she also organised alot of out of class activities and performances for your exposure if you are good enough.

Thanks Cookies...have you been in any performance? :)

cookies
3rd March 2010, 11:21 AM
i performed once for a gathering for the international belly dancing day organised by my instructor.

she asked me to perform in a PA event before but i declined cos i find that i'm not ready.

hoclara
9th March 2010, 12:17 PM
now i'm thinking of taking chi yoga. not exactly sure what it is cos there are so many types of yoga but i heard this teach you more on breathing technics.

anyone has experience

Hey Cookies, How? Did u try chi yoga?

I've never tried that, but I was with True Yoga for a year doing mostly hot, ashtanga, hatha, and vinyasa..now tat u mentioned it, I kinda miss yoga (and the steam bath), but I think their fees a bit high :(

cookies
15th March 2010, 09:19 AM
no did not enrol cos my bf worried that i can't take the breathing technics as i often feel giddy if i breath to hard and concentrate. weird right. it suppose breathing slow is suppose to relax you. hahahahah....

i tried hatya yoga before bu stop after elementary level cos many poses that works on the back (spine) i can't do it cos my back hurts as my spine is slightly concave.

talking about steam bath, i signed up for 10 sessions of full body slimming using traditional javanese massage (those post natal massage type of technics). they give unlimited free steam bath as long as your 10 sessions are not used up. so now i go for alternate days steam bath as my therapists told me not to start my session fist until my weight drop to my first time visit rate then start. so nice of her right. ususally therapist will want you to quickly finish so they can ask you to sign up again.