PDA

View Full Version : Home or Group Tuition?

anit
23rd April 2009, 11:19 AM
Do you think it's better to get one-to-one tuiton or in a group?

matchstick
23rd April 2009, 02:39 PM
It depend. if a child is very weak in the subject, then one to one is a best choice. :)

anit
23rd April 2009, 04:57 PM
but then i thought having in groups will encourage learning together and motivating each other.

matchstick
24th April 2009, 05:24 PM
Group tutition is good for average and above student. Otherwise the weaker ones may not be able to catch up with the others. Some tutition centres will do a assessement text for the child and assign them to the right group.:)

anit
25th April 2009, 08:30 AM
my cousin-in-law teaches group tuition at her home. earns about $5k a month. good money huh

Curry Chicken
25th May 2009, 04:41 PM
I think one on one tuition is better. Kids already have their school classmates for group learning and motivation...

anit
4th June 2009, 03:14 PM
yar true also. but seriously speaking i think these days school stress is really very high. i think i must ask my sis to cut down on my neice tuitions.

usentians
5th June 2009, 09:22 AM
it also depends on the subject. i think for languages (Chinese and English), group tuition will be better as it needs interaction and brainstorming (etc, compo) among the students.

as for subjects like Maths, Science, i guess one-to-one will be more beneficial. Anyway, it also very much depends on the child's preference and adaptability :)

anit
20th June 2009, 11:53 AM
it's school holiday now and my niece still has to attend tuition class from monday to friday ok. my sis said this is the best time for her to catch up on her studies. wah liao poor niece. i don't know how to talk to my sis. all i could do is weekend i try to bring her out for like 2-3 hours to do things my niece enjoy. jia liat man this society.