PDA

View Full Version : having a religious neighbour

lion
15th May 2009, 10:31 AM
my dad's lives 2 units where it being used as a religious place where they held rituals once a blue moon.

actually does anyone knows if HDB allows owner to use their flats for religious purposes?

though it does not really cost alot of disturbance to my dad but there was an occassion where i brought my kids to visit my dad and it happens that when the lift doors open, my daughter saw them in the midst of the ritual "tiao tang". they were wiping the floor and dancing around. my poor daughter was so scared and kept crying.

lion is wondering is such practices allow in HDB....

Babyrie
19th May 2009, 06:49 PM
It is not legal if there is a large group gathering, you can call the police to come and stop the activities.

:( so sad to have such neighbour.

I think it is pretty scary too.

lion
20th May 2009, 08:40 AM
i heard from a friend that you can apply license to operate religious activities in a HDB flat as long as you don't cause nuisence to your neighbours.

anyway my dad does not want to persue the matter. he said it's only once a blue moon so it's alright.

i don't stay there so leave it to him lar.

lion has a friendly dad...

happylalapo
25th May 2009, 10:13 PM
last time i stay at Petir road - one of the home temple there, almost every week has something happening.

Pretty scary to see and hear funny things happening.....

hazel
12th August 2009, 03:36 PM
It is not legal if there is a large group gathering, you can call the police to come and stop the activities.

:( so sad to have such neighbour.

I think it is pretty scary too.

so that means this kind of activitity is not permitted in HDB lar. so can complain lar

lion
13th August 2009, 11:21 AM
of cos you can complain but make sure you don't tell people it's you. you never want to offend people especially if religious is concern. you might not just offend humans but might ended offended ahemmmmm... you know what lar.

lion thinks better not to be too KAPO when comes to religious matter, sensitive lar...

hazel
14th August 2009, 10:17 AM
hehehee thanks for your advise. yar that's quite true especially in times like this why religious matter can cause riots and terrorists. i love peace and i love singapore.

lion
3rd November 2009, 06:22 PM
hehehee thanks for your advise. yar that's quite true especially in times like this why religious matter can cause riots and terrorists. i love peace and i love singapore.

you know those hindu religion where they fume their whole house with some kind of incense. what is that for? any one know what kind of incense is that? made from what. wondering any side effects. what's the purpose of fuming the whole house.

ashmakton
28th December 2009, 02:28 PM
you know those hindu religion where they fume their whole house with some kind of incense. what is that for? any one know what kind of incense is that? made from what. wondering any side effects. what's the purpose of fuming the whole house.

the incense is probably those that are sold at aroma shops. dont think that they are something special. spoke to my indian neighbours about it. they fume the house to ward off evil spirits and bad luck.

kwee34
30th December 2009, 11:11 AM
the incense is probably those that are sold at aroma shops. dont think that they are something special. spoke to my indian neighbours about it. they fume the house to ward off evil spirits and bad luck.

thats good to know. we learn something new everyday. love it that singapore is a multi-racial country. so many differences yet so interesting and enriching

lion
7th April 2010, 05:02 PM
yar it's true. infact i'm glad i'm a singaporean. though the pace here is faster but then it peaceful. we don't have to worry about political tusells, racial issue etc.

lion loves this city....