PDA

View Full Version : which air-con is the most POWERFUL!

duffyduck
29th May 2009, 11:16 AM
helo... the stupid air-con in my master bedroom just broke down... and I just got to get one asap... the heat is killing me!

Does anyone know which brand / model is the best. Best if it's powerful yet not so energy consuming type... pls share, tks!

ashmakton
28th December 2009, 02:25 PM
the one with jack neo on the advertisement should be the most energy-saving. easy to clean too.

ashmakton
7th January 2010, 03:10 PM
Hi There, Yesterday evening I realised that the cooling coil in my air-con is frozen. can see ICE build up on the fins. What could be the problem? Could it be a gas leak?

I am using LG and it is about 5 years old.

webguru24x7
15th October 2010, 07:48 PM
Daikin air-con is a good choice for sure, i personally never had any issues with it and it also works fine at extremely high temperatures. Mine has never broken down and doesn't make any noise.

cookies
17th December 2010, 08:10 AM
been wanting to get 2 units for the rooms as the one we are using are like more then 10 years old. it is still working ok except for the noise which can be unbearable as i need total silence when sleeping.

instead of getting a new one, i got a recon for $550 a unit and that includes, a recon compressor + cleaning up the other unit.

is that expensive.

the old unit it still making noise so we slot pieces of tiny papers inbetween the gaps so reduce the noise.

Rowe
22nd August 2011, 07:15 PM
You don't need to choose the most powerful aircon on the market, the air conditioning must be chosen according to the dimensions of your rooms. Here is where I found some interesting info on air conditioning units http://forum.upi.edu/v3/index.php?action=profile;u=49248, maybe this will help you with your research while keeping you from spending a fortune on a device that is not suitable for your home.

cookies
23rd August 2011, 05:13 PM
wow interesting that's great. i don't really want to spend a fortune so still sticking with my old one.