PDA

View Full Version : Down Lights

anit
4th June 2009, 03:11 PM
Are the down lights very hot and high energy consumption?

eileenlim
5th June 2009, 08:53 AM
i don't think so. there's are those energy saving type.

duffyduck
5th June 2009, 10:09 AM
it really depends on the type of bulb used in the downlight. if it's hydrogen light or spot light, they'll be very hot after awhile and consume lots of energy. but if you use those energy saving ones, they will not emit so much heat and use less electricity, but it won't as bright as hydrogen ones, but good enough for normal room lighting purpose. Hydrogen ones more for wall paintings or showcase lighting. hope this helps.

happylalapo
23rd June 2009, 05:53 AM
Yes, that is right duffy.

Energy saving is the way to go.... it is frustating to have down lights in halogen bulbs, they keep blowing and you have to keep changing the bulbs.

Worse of all they are so hot ..... and it is not too good for the eyes too.

Energy saving - go for the warm white it makes the house as cosy , comfortable for the eyes, conserve energy and also long lasting bulbs.

hoclara
18th December 2009, 11:44 AM
what exactly are downlights? are they similar to spot lights?

nickycboy
22nd December 2009, 12:42 PM
LED Lighting are lights which use light emitting diodes which are extremely energy efficient and long lasting. LED lights create less heat than traditional lights, which means they last for longer and it means your air conditioner doesn't have to work as hard. LED lights are a relatively new technology and can help you save up to 90% on your lighting cost. So basically down lights are energy saving LED lights

vincehu564
7th January 2010, 04:23 PM
Has anyone actually done a conversion of their house's fluorescent lighting to LED lighting?I'm planning to do it for my house.

ashmakton
12th January 2010, 11:27 AM
LED lights are really really good actually. thier lifetimes can exceed 100,000 hours, as compared to 1,000 hours for tungsten bulbs

LucyLinSmith
10th March 2014, 05:22 PM
However, LED MR16 bulbs are the most energy saving option and the level of light is now roughly comparable to a halogen bulb.