PDA

View Full Version : Donuts & Cup Cakes

eileenlim
11th June 2009, 12:12 PM
these days, donuts and cupcakes are so pretty. wonder is there a market for pretty cup cakes. my friend used to made for children parties and charges like $1.50 - $2.00 for a piece. that's real expensive but still got people order lar. I wonder the kids like the look of the cakes or the taste. ahahahah...

Donuts are now a popular thread as well but donuts are still donuts all taste the same. I still like dunkin donuts and everytime i back malaysia i will buy them. still cannot find something that taste like dunkin here in singapore.

happylalapo
23rd June 2009, 06:15 AM
Not into donuts and cup cakes....

Never fancy them!

If it is to eat them once in a blue moon is fine.

I guess children must have been facinated by its shape - round and they are certainly sweet and kids like things sweet.

hoclara
18th December 2009, 11:50 AM
Most donuts are high calorie snack foods and, being made from refined white flour, which raises blood glucose levels and may lead to food cravings and appetite problems.

Energy in Donut: A regular donut contains about 220 calories.

Nutrients in Donut: Donuts are high in carbohydrates and usually low in protein and high in fat.

Vitamins in Donut: Donuts are not a useful source of dietary Vitamins.

Minerals in Donut: Donuts are not a good source of minerals or trace elements.

Glycemic Index (GI) Value For Donut: Donuts made with refined white flour tend to have a high GI value.

Most Nutritious Type of Donut: The least healthy types of donuts contain added fat or sugar in the form of chocolate cream, glazings or frosted coatings.