PDA

View Full Version : When it's time to say Sorry

irng
16th June 2009, 12:16 PM
recently my daugther has done something wrong and i'm making her to say sorry but instead of apologising, she just walk away and pretend that nothing has happen. i realised these days, it's really difficult to apologise to someone else. is it because of pride or they feel that they have done anything wrong. how to communicate these to them?

happylalapo
23rd June 2009, 06:21 AM
These sounds serious.....

Your daughter shows disrespect by walking away.

I think you need to have quiet time with her, a nice chat about her behaviour which is not acceptable. reason it out with her why she is in the wrong, explain to her nicely.... a lot of parents I came across only shout at their kids and do not do any explaination.

Hear her maybe she can tell you her reason for walking away .... but must discipline..... aiyo very important... , how old is she????

irng
3rd July 2009, 09:50 AM
haiya, tell you it's really difficult to be parents these days. discipline too much worry they rebel. too relax scare they learn bad. during my time, parents words are more important then government.

my girl is now in she teenage years, the most rebelious time of her life. i really worried. i tried reasoning and talking to her but she is big now and has her own mindset.

just hope that she will turn out to be a good girl.

milooi
11th January 2010, 12:17 PM
i think its just the way u address the issue. if u make her feel embarrased or any other negative emotion, she will definitely show some disrespect. but then again, kids these days are really different than before. how old is your daughter by the way?

irng
26th February 2010, 09:39 AM
my daugther is 19. i think she is quite ok lar. so far no major problem but quite brand concious maybe bad influence from me. hahahah... everything also want branded.