PDA

View Full Version : When to pay Agent Commission?

lion
22nd June 2009, 12:19 PM
my friend asked me when he needs to pay his agent. i can't really remember mine but if i'm not wrong i paid the agent only after my 2nd appointment. but some said first appointment must pay liao.

any correct procedure?

lion is confused....

happylalapo
23rd June 2009, 05:31 AM
You only need to pay agent when the sale is completed and that is 2nd apppointment if you referring to HDB sales.

lion
7th July 2009, 10:22 AM
oh ok, so i was correct. that's what i thought i will not be so nice to pay in advance to the agent. thanks for affirming.

lion don't usually let people take advantage...

fwong93
9th November 2009, 02:08 PM
Hi People,

I am new to buying a resale flat and dealing with Agent's fees. can i get some info here? I am looking for a resale flat. if i contact one of the agent there, do i need to pay the agent any commission (the 1%) if i'm going to buy the flat?

My assumption is that only the seller need to pay him 2% since the owner engaged them to sell the flat, and hence i dun have to pay for the 1%. i dont mind paying him the administrative fee for paper work which is less than 1k i believe.

Thanks in advance for any info given.

lion
10th November 2009, 11:10 AM
Hi People,

I am new to buying a resale flat and dealing with Agent's fees. can i get some info here? I am looking for a resale flat. if i contact one of the agent there, do i need to pay the agent any commission (the 1%) if i'm going to buy the flat?

My assumption is that only the seller need to pay him 2% since the owner engaged them to sell the flat, and hence i dun have to pay for the 1%. i dont mind paying him the administrative fee for paper work which is less than 1k i believe.

Thanks in advance for any info given.

if you are referring to hdb flat then yes as a buyer, you need to pay comm to the agent as well. as on the percentage, now the new ruling i believed is not fixed, it's negotiable with the agent.

lion don't like to deal with agents...

myong406
10th November 2009, 12:11 PM
Ok correct me if I'm wrong but I did read an article somewhere in the papers long time ago that even if we appoint our own agent for buying or are independent buyers, it is not a must to pay commision to the seller's agent as their agent already earned commision from them.

Whatever rules they set, the seller's agent still have the rights not to open the door to the buyers, unless they make enough money from it.

Worse still if the seller gave exclusive rights to the agent to market their unit .

lion
29th March 2010, 08:23 AM
i'm not too sure but if i'm not wrong, for HDB yes the agent will get comm for both side if you are not represented by 1. but not for private property. i think so only hor, don't quote me huh..

lion needs some affirmation...