PDA

View Full Version : will you put your child in a all girls/boys school or mixed school. share your views

irng
1st August 2009, 12:59 PM
my niece is having her PSLE this year and my sister is headache to let her study all girls school or mixed school. my neice has quite a tom boy nature and she worries that if she were to go into a all girls school, she might turn up to be lesbian or butch

eileenlim
13th August 2009, 12:41 PM
if my kid qualifies, why not. i will be a kaisu parent next time. i want my kid to be the best but of cos balance need to be strike. also if he is not up to standard force also no use. i believe in developing their talents. talents does not neccessary means academic. if he is good in say sports, i will let him develop that talent but of cos basic academic must be met lar.

irng
14th August 2009, 11:15 AM
i'm a mother of 2 teenage kids. i don't really force them in their studies. fortunately my kids are rather well behaved and academically doing quite ok. my son is in SIM and my daugther is in ngee ann poly now. but i believe in rewarding him if they do well. i think up bringing of children sometimes also depends on the nature of the children. in some families, you can give the child thr best of everything but if his personality is bad it is really difficult to teach.

evel
15th August 2009, 11:09 AM
i used to tutor a boy in my uni days. it's so difficult to teach him. my session with him is 1 1/2 hour 2 times a week but every time i have to spent 1/2 hour watching him get canned by her mom cos he does not want to have tuition. then his mom has to coax him like buying things for him before he agree to tuition. then i have to give him the extra 1/2 hour back. he failed all his subjects does not pay attention during lessons and was rude to me. i teached him for 2 semesters, he passed his english and mandarin then i decided to quit. i can't stand seeing him get canned each time before lessons.

i don't know if i should pity his parent or the child. sometimes i wonder how is he doing now after so many years.