PDA

View Full Version : what do you think is important for your wedding photos?

eileenlim
12th August 2009, 10:49 AM
what do you think is important when choosing a wedding photography package? is it the cost or the style? i think many people would take cost as the most important consideration factor.

irng
13th August 2009, 08:47 AM
when i married some 30 years ago, photography was not the major major thing. everything was much simplier. mainly indoor photos. what was major were the customary stuff. parents and parent-in-laws must fulfil the customary requirements that to be sent to eah other.

now photography got so many different styles and types. i think as the society grows everything else does.

evel
21st August 2009, 02:50 PM
hehehehe for me is best of both worlds. cheap and good... typical kaisu.

fwong93
5th January 2010, 02:53 PM
seriously, i think the idea of hiring some stranger to take photos of u for $2k is really not witty. for mine, i asked my friend who just picked up photography as a hobby to help me. but of course i didnt let him do it for free. i paid him a few hundred to take wedding photos for me. its crazy that the 'pros' charge u so much

milooi
6th January 2010, 11:32 AM
My friend pasted her photo on a piece of paper and left it on each wedding table in the banquet room for the guest to write any well wishes. They will then collect it back after the banquet.

I also thought of doing that but i feel like a copycat. then i thought of using poloraid to take photos of guest when they come but that is going to cost a bomb.

Any other ideas to share?

eileenlim
29th January 2010, 10:46 AM
first and foremost the purpose of taking pictures of your guest is for you to keep or for them. anyway the bride and bridegroom will not be around to take the photos.

btw i don't think engaging a photographer to take the pictures at the entrance when your guest arrive will cost you a bomb.

i engaged a photographer for a 4 hour company launch and paid only $800 that includes 100 pieces of printed 4R copies.

we have a nice backdrop when all will take a photo upon registering. after the event, we did a small card with the photo of them in it and mail it to them together with a CD of that night event.

i think you can try something like that. if you want the card and postage then that will cost it probably another $1k - $2K.

at the same time, on the card, you can print wedding photos on it so they can keep it as a momento.

something for your consideration

fwong93
29th January 2010, 05:03 PM
i still think that the prices that u have mentioned are really high for a job as simple as taking photos and printing them. u dont really need a pro to do that. contact a poly undergrad with a keen interest in photography and give him 500 bucks and that will suffice

eileenlim
2nd February 2010, 08:52 AM
you might be right lor. but must have the right equipments. i think that helps in the quality of the pictures.