PDA

View Full Version : drying of clothes

anit
21st August 2009, 10:40 AM
was lunching with my colleague yesterday when one of them said she wash her clothes at night and dry them in the aircon room. she said rather then airing them in the kitchen when most of the time there is no one at home and they have to keep the kitchen window close and there will be some kind of smell she rather air them in the aircon room and in the morning when she gets up her clothes will be dry.

this was an absurb and expensive way of doing it i thought.

precious
26th August 2009, 02:15 PM
think if you're switching the aircon on during ur zzz, why not make use of the cool dry air to dry ur washed laundry at the same time.

me prefer to use a dryer instead of hanging them out to dry cos my upstair neighbours like to hang out wet mops/laundries :(

McMuffin
7th November 2009, 10:17 PM
That's actually quite brilliant. Didn't think of cooling myself and my clothes at the same time. The wet clothes actually add some moisture to an otherwise dry air-con room as well. Thanks for that tip!

ashmakton
9th November 2009, 02:18 PM
Though I dont use the dryer to dry my clothes, I do use it for five minutes or so with some loads. I put one load in the dryer and only leave it there as long as it takes me to load the washer with the next load.

Here are a few ways to dry without a clothesline.

You need at least one drying rack and some type of clothes rod. You can buy drying racks at most discount stores or hardware stores. Use a sturdy shower curtain rod in the bathroom or get a metal clothes rack that hooks over the back of a door. You dont need much. I can hang two loads of laundry on one drying rack and i metre of clothes rod.