PDA

View Full Version : Cov

anit
25th August 2009, 08:58 AM
i read from the papers last week that flat owners are asking for COV of minimum $5000. some even $50,000. $5,000 - $10,000 i think still fair lar. $50,000 i might as well renovate my own.

my friend is single and 35, she is thinking of getting her own HDB flat but she complaint that she can't even afford. she told me that her income is $3,000 so she can only take bank loan. plus the COV she simply got to abort the idea of having her own HDB.

how like tat?

hazel
26th August 2009, 08:48 AM
stay with parents lor. singapore unlike american where children stay away with parents. singapore housing too expensive. all stay under 1 roof better.

hoclara
11th January 2010, 11:27 AM
staying with parents will save a lot of money. but if u want the privacy, get a bunch of friends and rent an apt.

anit
12th January 2010, 09:13 AM
but staying with friends will a pose alot of problems wait friends become enemies.

like a chinese saying, being together is easy but staying together is difficult.

hoclara
12th January 2010, 10:59 AM
but staying with friends will a pose alot of problems wait friends become enemies.

like a chinese saying, being together is easy but staying together is difficult.

its definitely not impossible to get along in peace. just have to adapt to each others bad habits and be patient with one another. knowing that living together with friends could change them into enemies is actually the 1st step to living together in harmony

anit
13th January 2010, 08:09 AM
yar true it's about adapting. just like husband and wife, they need to adapt to living with each other, give and take. it takes alot of time and effort to learn to leave with each other.

khelzy09
19th January 2010, 01:34 PM
if you really want to buy your own HDB flat, i suggest to stay first with your parents until you save enough money to buy your own HDB flat.

Ah Boy
19th January 2010, 04:32 PM
But save money a bit slow le. HDB prices shoot uppp, my savings hard to catch uppp....

milooi
19th January 2010, 04:54 PM
But save money a bit slow le. HDB prices shoot uppp, my savings hard to catch uppp....

thats the crazy thing abt property these days. the prices are through the roof. some people will have to live in their parents' home till they hand over ownership. its so hard these days. there are challenges everywhere... for jobs, homes etc

anit
8th February 2010, 08:05 AM
yar... with my currently salary, i only have enough to spend every month and maybe save a couple of hundreds. with the rate i'm going, when can i have my own house?

milooi
8th February 2010, 10:49 AM
ya lorrrr...very sad lei...when can i have my own space????:(

anit
8th February 2010, 12:59 PM
some people work their whole life can't even own a 3 room HDB flat. my bf has a business associate that comes to singapore over the weekend. he said singapore is 1 of the country that has the highest property cost. OMG.