PDA

View Full Version : GST for Agent's Comm

eileenlim
7th September 2009, 11:29 AM
Why do we need to pay GST for agent's comm? i find that rather weird.

HalcyonVI
14th September 2009, 07:06 PM
GST is chargeable on goods and services. As agent commission is fees for services rendered, GST has to apply as well. Of course this only applies if the agency that the agent works for is GST registered.

eileenlim
15th September 2009, 02:15 PM
GST is chargeable on goods and services. As agent commission is fees for services rendered, GST has to apply as well. Of course this only applies if the agency that the agent works for is GST registered.

but i understand that the agent can absorb the GST right? that means it's optional whether to pay the GST.

HalcyonVI
16th September 2009, 04:20 PM
GST is supposed to be paid for by the person procuring the service or product. However, an agent's commission is not fixed so you can always strike an agreement with your agent on this.

eileenlim
16th September 2009, 06:32 PM
GST is supposed to be paid for by the person procuring the service or product. However, an agent's commission is not fixed so you can always strike an agreement with your agent on this.

oh ok, another question, if it's a foreigner that is purchasing the property, does he has to pay GST as well. can claim back... hahaha might sound studip but just wondering.

Curry Chicken
29th November 2009, 09:06 PM
That's an interesting question! Does anyone know the answer??

myong406
30th November 2009, 11:33 AM
That's an interesting question! Does anyone know the answer??

i think the foreigner can only claim the GST only if he's leaving the country, at the GST counter at airport. just guessing. lol

hoclara
14th December 2009, 11:04 AM
i think the foreigner can only claim the GST only if he's leaving the country, at the GST counter at airport. just guessing. lol

i dont think this works in this case. but can some1 check it out and enlighten us

eileenlim
8th March 2010, 09:08 AM
my personal opinion is that GST is only claimable for goods tangible goods purchased. it should not apply for investment.