PDA

View Full Version : bottled water better?

lion
17th September 2009, 12:22 PM
my ang mo friends do not drink water from the tap. their homes are stocked with cartons of bottled water. when i asked that they said bottled water are safer and cleaner to drink and contains minerals as well.

well when i'm overseas, i will only drink bottled water especially in less developed countries. however, at home, i think our new water system is good and safe to consume even directly.

about the minerals part, yes i understand bottled water contains minerals but is that essential to consume daily?

is our new water good enough for our daily intake?

lion is puzzled on the goodness of bottled water...

vincehu564
21st December 2009, 11:10 AM
There are several reasons why people prefer bottled water to tap water. Though there is little or no evidence for most of these, the effect is strong enough that even though tap water is essentially free, people will pay prices for bottled water that at times can rival the price of an equivalent amount of gasoline.

One perception is that bottled water is more healthy than tap water. While this may be true in some developing countries, in singapore, the water supply is quite safe. In fact, since water supplies tend to be more closely regulated than bottled water, it may be safer to drink tap water. There are no data showing a superior health benefit or decreased health risk from drinking bottled water.

Another perception is that bottled water tastes better than the alternative. This appears to be more closely related to advertising and brand recognition than actual taste; in general, blind taste tests have not demonstrated the superiority of bottled water.

Finally, bottled water is often more convenient than tap water. Especially when on the go, it is often easier to grab a bottle of pre-bottled water than using tap-water alternatives.

chanel26
7th September 2010, 01:56 PM
my ang mo friends do not drink water from the tap. their homes are stocked with cartons of bottled water. when i asked that they said bottled water are safer and cleaner to drink and contains minerals as well.

well when i'm overseas, i will only drink bottled water especially in less developed countries. however, at home, i think our new water system is good and safe to consume even directly.

about the minerals part, yes i understand bottled water contains minerals but is that essential to consume daily?

is our new water good enough for our daily intake?

lion is puzzled on the goodness of bottled water...

I guess they are too used to drinking from bottles as their tap water cannot be consumed directly?

kwee34
7th September 2010, 02:33 PM
i agree with you lion, that our tap water is good enough...in fact, i can just refill my water bottle straight from the tap without filtering or boiling first...someone saw me doing that and she said, ewwww. If you prefer to spend money on buying those bottled water, go ahead and be my guest.

or in restaurants in they ask if you want sparkling water? wat for? still water is good enuf.

cookies
7th September 2010, 03:03 PM
According to expert or doctors that too much of distilled water or bottle water is not good for your health.
Distilled water are those bottle water that have no minerals. Too much of it makes your body acidic and cancer trives on this kind of acidic environment.
Mineral bottle water as most of u know that the plastic bottle that we drink from are actually poisonous. The shiny layer of plastic do come out in time and we take it into our body. Imagine all the synthetic going into your body, you might as well be on drugs.