PDA

View Full Version : Buying an Air-conditioner

myong406
22nd September 2009, 03:47 PM
I have always used a fan to cool myself down whenever i feel the heat. but nowadays, the heatwave is taking its toll on me. i want to get an air-con unit for my home but im afraid that my electricity bill will shoot up. How do i go about choosing the right one for me?

cookies
23rd September 2009, 08:42 AM
I have always used a fan to cool myself down whenever i feel the heat. but nowadays, the heatwave is taking its toll on me. i want to get an air-con unit for my home but im afraid that my electricity bill will shoot up. How do i go about choosing the right one for me?

ha i totally agree with you. on some nights i have to turn on both fan and aircon. well but that is on some nights. on night that are still ok, i will usually turned on the aircon to cool the room and turn it off a few hours later and turn on the fan. i realised i saved like about $20-$30 a month. that's not alot but does still save.

as on choosing aircon, that i'm not too sure. but the new aircons these days are most energy saving. i think in that sense you don't really have to worry too much. maybe you want to go to those major retailer like best denki or courts to do some shopping first and ask questions then when you decide which is a better brand then shop for a good offer or bargain.

hoclara
23rd December 2009, 12:29 PM
One of the most important steps is to consider the need and matching that to the most effective solution. Is the air conditioning needed for the entire house, or mostly for a single room? Additionally, how often will it be used? If air conditioning is only needed occasionally for a small area, a temporary in-window model might be more appropriate, as it can be removed when not necessary. On the other hand, if permanent air conditioning is needed for the entire home, a larger solution might be needed.

cookies
28th December 2009, 01:42 PM
those built-in aircon unit usually by the window side, are they are available? these days we are talking about system 2, 3 4 etc single unit how?

how much does a system 2 cost typically?

myong406
28th December 2009, 02:08 PM
im so sure that they still have these types of units available. my neighbour uses it. not sure what u mean by the different types of systems though. but im almost certain that they are cheaper than conventional air-con units

cookies
8th April 2010, 08:13 AM
you know now aircon come in system 2, 3, 4 etc. those with a main condenser unit by the window.