PDA

View Full Version : some New movies are actually Old

myong406
23rd September 2009, 11:42 AM
I frequently visit american-based online DVD stores and i found out that some big-screen releases here are actually direct-to-dvd releases in the states. i feel short-changed. what do you think about this?

cookies
23rd September 2009, 01:14 PM
I frequently visit american-based online DVD stores and i found out that some big-screen releases here are actually direct-to-dvd releases in the states. i feel short-changed. what do you think about this?

america produces so many movies a year. how many can make it to the theater. all i could say is the producers are smart. can't get the bucks from americian, get from asian lor. they might rather pump ad $ here and see the returns rather then fighting with the bigger movie there.

don't bother so much lar. at the end of the day, be it big-screen releases or small budget movie, most important is you enjoy it can liao lor.

myong406
21st January 2010, 02:28 PM
come to think of it, u are right. its smart to advertise in asia if they feel that it wont make it in the US market. so i'll simply enjoy them anyway. be it on the big screen or on dvd