PDA

View Full Version : overpriced stuff

kwee34
23rd September 2009, 12:18 PM
i've been to several asean countries and found that the home decor items sold there are really cheap. whereas over here, the items are the same but prices are doubled and at times tripled. i know of big name stores that do this but naming them would be wrong. all i can say to all is that you should go overseas to get the bargains. better still, you can enjoy a holiday while doing so....

routristan
5th January 2010, 02:24 PM
thats called marketing. they teach this in business school. its all about the money. in most cases we'll be like "why didnt i think of that". so ya, basically this is what businessmen do. take advantage and seize the moment

eileenlim
5th March 2010, 08:56 AM
i've been to several asean countries and found that the home decor items sold there are really cheap. whereas over here, the items are the same but prices are doubled and at times tripled. i know of big name stores that do this but naming them would be wrong. all i can say to all is that you should go overseas to get the bargains. better still, you can enjoy a holiday while doing so....

well could it be that the furnitures you saw are made from that country itself that's why is chearper. singapore import alot of furnitures from indonesia and other parts of countries, the shipping expenses and retail rental explains the overprice.