PDA

View Full Version : What concept is best for home design?

myong406
24th September 2009, 11:15 AM
in my opinion, i feel that the modern look for interior design looks best among all the available options. there are things like balinese, country, peranakan and so on. i feel they either look very worn out or they look like hotels. the modern ones look very new and also very 'out-of-this-world' if u know what i mean.

cookies
25th September 2009, 08:46 AM
in my opinion, i feel that the modern look for interior design looks best among all the available options. there are things like balinese, country, peranakan and so on. i feel they either look very worn out or they look like hotels. the modern ones look very new and also very 'out-of-this-world' if u know what i mean.

yar i agree. in fact i like simplicity. i like black and white furnitures with a colour wall mural to liven up the room.

88dblifestyle
25th November 2009, 04:45 PM

For me, i want, the concept of nature... It's cool...

myong406
25th November 2009, 05:46 PM
For me, i want, the concept of nature... It's cool...

nature seems nice. but my friend has a nature themed home and she complains that she attracts butterflies, bees, beetles and other creepy crawlies. u have a nature themed home? experiences?

ashmakton
14th December 2009, 10:56 AM
nature seems nice. but my friend has a nature themed home and she complains that she attracts butterflies, bees, beetles and other creepy crawlies. u have a nature themed home? experiences?

i have a nature-themed home but i have not encountered that problem. only have issues with the occassional lizard or ****roach. but somehow, i still prefer a modern theme

cookies
15th December 2009, 08:14 AM

now eco lifestyle seems to be the in-thing. i was watchning CNA this morning and they were showing natyda Hut... (don't know how to spell her name but the former MTV DJ) new house which she took 2 years to build and is still not done up yet. the whole house is eco-friendly. more glass so as to encourage sunlight and air so do not need so much fan or airconditioning. the flooring materials are made of recycling material as well.

according to her having a eco-friendly house does not nescessary mean costing more cos many materials used are recycled materials.

myong406
15th December 2009, 10:00 AM
now eco lifestyle seems to be the in-thing. i was watchning CNA this morning and they were showing natyda Hut... (don't know how to spell her name but the former MTV DJ) new house which she took 2 years to build and is still not done up yet. the whole house is eco-friendly. more glass so as to encourage sunlight and air so do not need so much fan or airconditioning. the flooring materials are made of recycling material as well.

according to her having a eco-friendly house does not nescessary mean costing more cos many materials used are recycled materials.

wow! thats fantastic. but it will surely attract the creatures of nature too right. creeps me out but if its eco-friendly, then its all good. anyway, what show is that? will there be a re-run?

cookies
16th December 2009, 10:03 AM
i always don't like creepies.

it's prime time morning. as you know now all the states' representatives are at copenhagen discussing about climate changes, so they tap on this topic to discuss about eco-friendly homes lor. don't think there will be a re-run as it is part of a news segment. but maybe can get some information from their website.

myong406
16th December 2009, 01:55 PM
i always don't like creepies.

it's prime time morning. as you know now all the states' representatives are at copenhagen discussing about climate changes, so they tap on this topic to discuss about eco-friendly homes lor. don't think there will be a re-run as it is part of a news segment. but maybe can get some information from their website.

i'll go look for it on the web. but there's so much talk abt the whole 'climate change' thing being a hoax and that the governments of the world are just using that as an excuse for carrying out certain activities.

heard abt that? this conspiracy theory got me thinking a lot

vincehu564
16th December 2009, 02:10 PM
wow! thats fantastic. but it will surely attract the creatures of nature too right. creeps me out but if its eco-friendly, then its all good. anyway, what show is that? will there be a re-run?

just make sure that u have some sort of pest control in your home that will ward off the insects. burn some aroma oil and maybe even a scent-free insect repellent. that will help u enjoy the eco-friendly home

cookies
16th December 2009, 04:55 PM
i can't even stand an ant at home let alone those creepy creatures, plants and trees are definitely not for me.

what conspiracy never heard off leh. only heard from news that the copenhagen meetings was disrupted because there were dispute about the richer country should take the lead to do more for the environment. hahaha what a joke. if indonesia can stop forest fire, the air here will be better..

myong406
17th December 2009, 10:33 AM
i can't even stand an ant at home let alone those creepy creatures, plants and trees are definitely not for me.

what conspiracy never heard off leh. only heard from news that the copenhagen meetings was disrupted because there were dispute about the richer country should take the lead to do more for the environment. hahaha what a joke. if indonesia can stop forest fire, the air here will be better..

there are some big shots saying that climate change is not real. go check that out. i totally agree with the indo forest fires. if they can keep that in check, the weather will surely improve. i dont understand why they want to argue abt who shld lead the processions to battle climate change. . . which may not even be real

fwong93
18th December 2009, 11:17 AM
The bottom line is that, just as a few hot years do not prove global warming is real, neither would a few cool years prove it is not. Models suggest that it is perfectly possible for a decade or two of cooling to occur even when there is a long-term warming trend.

The strongest evidence for global warming comes from physics and chemistry, not from records of past temperatures, which is why scientists were predicting warming long before the rise in temperature over the 20th century was obvious.

milooi
6th January 2010, 11:26 AM
i saw this webbie that talks about eccentric styles for homes. u might wanna check it out.

http://www.modernhomesdesign.com/search/open+concept+modular+homes

look at it then engage an interior designer here to make it up for u.