PDA

View Full Version : Oven comparison

fwong93
24th September 2009, 03:18 PM
my old oven got roasted big time. i think some water got into the circuit and caused the wires to burn. now i need a new one. would an in-built oven be better or should i get a conventional microwave oven?

kwee34
21st December 2009, 10:58 AM
here's a little help with the oven choice..

The only real disadvantage to convection is that you will pay a little bit more for it, but understanding what you are going to get back, that's not even a disadvantage. Every convection oven out there allows you to either use the convection cycle or not use the convection cycle. So if you have recipes that are part of your mother's kitchen or your grandmother's, and they are not made for convection ovens, don't worry. Not only could you use the non-convection cycle, but a lot of these ovens have the ability to key in the standard recipe, and then it will just convert it into a conduction recipe. What that means is because convection cooks things up to 30 percent faster, it will take both the time and temperature down. It will adjust for the fact that it is in a conduction cycle. So as far as the energy efficiency goes, the reason why you are getting better energy efficiency is because convection is basic. True convection is an element in the back metal panel of your oven with a fan in the middle of it. That fan circulates the air, the hot air around your cavity. So you are not just relying on a bake or boil element. You have that third element at the back.