PDA

View Full Version : Flooring

fwong93
25th September 2009, 01:34 PM
which type of flooring is better, marble or parquet? any idea how much they cost psf?

duffyduck
28th October 2009, 10:45 AM
I think both marble & parquet needs quite a bit of maintenance

cookies
29th October 2009, 08:40 AM
I think both marble & parquet needs quite a bit of maintenance

my house is using marble now but it lose it shine after awhile. so i guess no matter what kind of tiles you use, care is important.

vincehu564
29th October 2009, 05:15 PM
i feel that parquet looks nicer but is harder to maintain. dust particles and other debri tend to get stuck in between the pieces. marble if polished regularly, can really give off a super sparkle. but kind of expensive to get polishing services done

cookies
29th October 2009, 06:38 PM
i feel that parquet looks nicer but is harder to maintain. dust particles and other debri tend to get stuck in between the pieces. marble if polished regularly, can really give off a super sparkle. but kind of expensive to get polishing services done

yar that's right. expensive leh. actually i tried using those floor detergent suitable for marble but i find that not use. i think must really get people to polish. end of the day is whether how much you willing to spend for maintanence.

just like car, you polish often, your car looks good, if not dull lor.

McMuffin
7th November 2009, 11:01 PM
Aesthetics aside, marble is more cooling. You will appreciate how cool marble feels when the weather is hot :)

fwong93
9th November 2009, 02:11 PM
Marble tile flooring can be quite expensive and the flooring cost may be more than what you have budgeted. However if you have still desire to install marble tile flooring then you have another option that is synthetic marble tile flooring. Synthetic marble tiles are cheaper than the original marble tiles. But at the same time you cannot expect the durability and bright beauty of original marble tiles from the synthetic version. but on the whole, they have a 'cooling' effect :D

myong406
13th November 2009, 03:43 PM
hmmm... marble seems to be a good choice but i prefer parquet. For, parquet flooring is that it is very cost-efficient. For, with non expensive polish renovation parquet flooring can retain its gorgeous and fresh look for many years.

88dblifestyle
25th November 2009, 04:39 PM
which type of flooring is better, marble or parquet? any idea how much they cost psf?

I bet for marble...:D :D

ashmakton
22nd December 2009, 11:30 AM
Ceramic tile adds value to your home because of its' durability and wide decorative range. There are varieties to suit every need and budget. Maintenance is simple as ceramic tile requires only sweeping and mopping. The downside of tile flooring is that it can feel cold for bare feet, it may be hard to clean light coloured tiles with wide seams and from personal experience I can tell you that things you drop on it usually break!

testarossa
23rd March 2010, 02:25 PM

For me, I prefer marble.. It is more reliable for me.

cookies
23rd March 2010, 04:41 PM
marble seems to be more acceptable by the public vote and i'm glad my house is of marble flooring....hip yip hurray.

JennyK
4th October 2011, 12:15 PM
For me I think it is better if you choose parquet flooring, first there comes parquet flooring decorating value. It is very rich of look and texture. For, parquet flooring consists of small pieces of material, which allows decorators to create various floor patterns of them. Besides, parquet flooring can be laid right over concrete floor base. Plus, it provides decorators with the variety of choice in texture and color, because it can be made of different wood types, such as dark or light color wood, cherry, beech, oak, etc.

mhhouse
20th October 2011, 03:03 PM
I personally like both. As to which to go for, it'll depend on the theme of my house or room. I use marble for my living room and parquet for my bedrooms :)

cookies
20th October 2011, 06:24 PM
yar i think parquet can be nice for the room as it has th rich wooden texture that can make tht room less cool and thus more comfy.

irng
21st October 2011, 05:26 PM
i prefer those normal ceramic tiles. either white or black is nice and easy to maintain.

Curry Chicken
25th October 2011, 03:26 PM
I personally like both. As to which to go for, it'll depend on the theme of my house or room. I use marble for my living room and parquet for my bedrooms :)

Ditto that!

cookies
27th October 2011, 12:07 PM
doesn't it look weird to have both 2 extreme different kind of floorings. unless you have a big house or the colour is close

irng
28th October 2011, 09:05 AM
i think it's ok lar. rooms can have different themes mah.

dinerkhon
4th November 2011, 04:26 PM
Well, marble is fine but in my opinion wood is more beautiful than marble, it gives you a warm color, and have an special point of view when your lighting is correct, also its easier to set your favorite decor with its special color. Also marble is harder than wood, and it gets colder than wood in winter.

bluee
2nd December 2011, 12:38 AM
My personal idea is going toward the marbal flooring, because this have a great look, but the precaution is required.

luke22
24th April 2015, 01:33 PM
Flooring is a part of the main room and you have to choose them wisely. Marble & stone floors are attractive but how to clean them is very important. Marble is one of the most luxurious and exotic wood options available.

KurtRussel
28th September 2015, 12:32 PM
Marble is durable and can be re polished after 30 yrs also.Looks very elegant and majesty.Gives a cool effect even in summer days.

timmydean99
7th June 2016, 05:15 PM
I would recommend marbles or any ceramics. Really durable and makes the house more valuable.

ErinBruce
16th September 2016, 03:43 PM
White tiles with red carpet makes the floor more beautiful.