PDA

View Full Version : carpeting

myong406
25th September 2009, 01:38 PM
anyone out there has carpeting for the entire home? except for the kitchen and toilets of course... what are the appeals and drawbacks of having the home fully carpeted?

ashmakton
17th December 2009, 11:17 AM
The most durable and common synthetic carpeting material is nylon, which wears well and can be quite stain resistant. Other synthetic materials are olefin, polyester, and acrylic--the latter, more expensive fiber has a texture more like natural wool. Wool has the most pleasant and natural texture, and is also the most expensive carpet material.

Carpet can be applied over almost any subfloor or existing flooring except for old carpet. A thick pile will hide irregularities in subflooring in a way that most other floorings won't.

milooi
18th December 2009, 11:42 AM
Buying carpet of high quality material can also make a home look beautiful and the added advantage is that it feels really soft and comfortable to walk on or sit on, the same cannot be said of wooden flooring. However, during the winter when temperature drops is when carpeting really has a big advantage over wooden flooring.

fwong93
6th January 2010, 11:59 AM
You'll find yourself amazed at all of the choices that are there for you to pick from in a carpet store. There are textured plush carpets, saxony carpets, berber carpets, and even commercial grade carpets. There are carpets that can be installed wall to wall, and carpets that can be cut to size with bound edges and carpet squares.

Your first consideration should be about how much "traffic" you are going to have on the carpet. If you plan to put a carpet in the bedroom, then it won't have as much "traffic" as a carpet in the living room.

When you find the carpet that appeals to you, you should ask to take a piece of it home to look at it during natural daylight and at night under an artificial light to see if the color changes at all.

ashmakton
6th January 2010, 02:27 PM
Man made carpets would be the best choice for heavy traffic. If you have a high traffic area, then nylon would be an ideal choice due to the durability. Nylon is stain resistant as well, and repels mildew.

nickycboy
7th January 2010, 04:08 PM
A pattern design may help hide unfortunate spills that have resisted cleaning and also mask effects of use, like flattening and shading.

If you do go with a pattern though, keep in mind the space of your room as well. For example, Large-scale patterns tend to make a room look smaller in size and more inviting, and, small-scale patterns create the illusion that the room is bigger when combined with a color.

cookies
14th January 2010, 12:31 PM
i will not carpet my house. i find that it's very dirty, dust and germs.

fwong93
19th January 2010, 02:22 PM
i will not carpet my house. i find that it's very dirty, dust and germs.

yea thats true but if u have the patience to maintain by vacuuming and cleaning regularly, there shouldnt be a problem. there are also some carpet cleaning services u can employ to do it for u. i like the feeling of fabric when i walk around at home. gives me the feeling of hotels.

cookies
25th February 2010, 08:14 AM
i still will not put carpet lor. or maybe just the bedroom to have the comfort feel not in living room lor. cos i think alot of maintenance is needed.