PDA

View Full Version : downloading from youtube

irng
13th October 2009, 11:29 AM
is it illegal to download movies, clips, music etc from youtube?

myong406
13th October 2009, 11:41 AM
hey irng,

i dont think it is illegal, since its a vid-sharing site. just make sure u dont try to make money out of it. keep the downloaded stuff for personal use, just in case there are copyright issues arising from those files.

i hope im right though... some1 please tell me if im wrong

ashmakton
16th December 2009, 02:59 PM
hey irng,

i dont think it is illegal, since its a vid-sharing site. just make sure u dont try to make money out of it. keep the downloaded stuff for personal use, just in case there are copyright issues arising from those files.

i hope im right though... some1 please tell me if im wrong

i think it should be ok too. but this is just my opinion. im not sure what are the laws with regard to this matter.

myong406
17th December 2009, 10:35 AM
there's a software that helps you download direct with you tube. these are compatible with the mozilla browser. if they allow this, i think it shld be ok to download. maybe just for personal use and not for piracy

kwee34
12th January 2010, 02:09 PM
there's a software that helps you download direct with you tube. these are compatible with the mozilla browser. if they allow this, i think it shld be ok to download. maybe just for personal use and not for piracy

i have the software installed. its pretty handy. technology is fantastic

irng
18th January 2010, 09:26 AM
technology is advanced but sometimes, you don't know when you are infringing on someone's right. it's scary...

myong406
18th January 2010, 11:02 AM
i agree that its pretty scary but just make sure you dont copy and sell any of the stuff u download. on top of that, to be a little safer, dont distribute. better yet, view/listen then delete. safest of all, just get an original copy

irng
19th January 2010, 09:18 AM
but sometimes, for example you download a music track for personal listening but you are actually infringing on some laws.

best is don't download anything.

myong406
19th January 2010, 10:55 AM
but sometimes, for example you download a music track for personal listening but you are actually infringing on some laws.

best is don't download anything.

thats true too. but there are loopholes that will keep u away from the long arm of the laws of copyright infringement. why do u think the billions of downloaders are not in prison? but then again, best bet is to buy original and not download

irng
1st February 2010, 09:26 AM
ha like me i never download anything before. not even pirated software. hahahha....