PDA

View Full Version : BTO Flat

eileenlim
23rd October 2009, 11:33 AM
while waiting for BTO flat can one buy a resale flat first?

vincehu564
23rd October 2009, 01:19 PM
i dont see why there should be a problem doing that. but purchasing two flats? u must have a lot of money in hand. then once the BTO flat ready, can shift there and rent out the resale flat for extra cash. cool idea eh? but i think better to check with agents 1st. they would know better =)

eileenlim
23rd October 2009, 02:31 PM
i dont see why there should be a problem doing that. but purchasing two flats? u must have a lot of money in hand. then once the BTO flat ready, can shift there and rent out the resale flat for extra cash. cool idea eh? but i think better to check with agents 1st. they would know better =)

actually i'm not even sure can it be done. placed a $5k deposit for BTO but no need to pay the balance first right until the flat is ready. cos flat only ready 4 years later still need a roof.

asked several agents but all different answers.

vincehu564
23rd October 2009, 03:07 PM
what did the agents say? as far as i know, resale flats are relatively easy to get. as long as the seller is willing to let go. u say u need a roof, so u dont have a flat now?

eileenlim
29th October 2009, 03:09 PM
what did the agents say? as far as i know, resale flats are relatively easy to get. as long as the seller is willing to let go. u say u need a roof, so u dont have a flat now?

i also not sure lar. we are checking with HDB now. we are renting a room now.

vincehu564
29th October 2009, 05:03 PM
since u are renting a room now, isn't it better if u just remain there until you get the BTO flat. u will definitely save more rather than buying a resale flat while waiting for the BTO to be ready.

eileenlim
30th October 2009, 08:48 AM
since u are renting a room now, isn't it better if u just remain there until you get the BTO flat. u will definitely save more rather than buying a resale flat while waiting for the BTO to be ready.

but we have so must stuff. we are temporary putting our stuff in my sister's place but i can't put it there for 4 years. it's can't beat having to have your own place.