PDA

View Full Version : What is Negative Sale?

anit
9th November 2009, 09:22 AM
what does this term in property means?

myong406
9th November 2009, 11:27 AM
from what i know, in a negative sale, the seller will have to pay back the option fees/option exercise fees to HDB during the 1st Appt. so you dont hv to bother about that. If it is a positive sale, the seller just keep the money n HDB will deduct it from their sale proceeds later on.

hope this clears things up for u =)

anit
9th November 2009, 02:04 PM
from what i know, in a negative sale, the seller will have to pay back the option fees/option exercise fees to HDB during the 1st Appt. so you dont hv to bother about that. If it is a positive sale, the seller just keep the money n HDB will deduct it from their sale proceeds later on.

hope this clears things up for u =)

but what if the agent told you to under declare the value eg property is $500k but asked to declare at $495k so that the $5k will be his agent comm. can it be done this way.

myong406
9th November 2009, 02:22 PM
if the agent asked u to under declare, it is wrong. it is actually a false declaration and can land u and the agent in big trouble with the CAD or CPIB due to its fraudulent and corruptive characteristics.

stay away from such an agent or better still, report him/her

anit
5th April 2010, 08:17 AM
haha, ok ok will not deal with such agent. it just that i was looking for flat with my bf then this agent was telling us to do like that to save on the agent fee. but i did not use him anyway. we are still looking around.