PDA

View Full Version : Staying in the highest floor

vincehu564
9th November 2009, 02:32 PM
I dont know if this has been discussed before but i am looking for a resale flat in a mature estate. i saw a few units that are on the highest floor. my parents told me that highest floor units will be very hot especially during june and july as the unit will be directly affected by sunlight.

I want to ask if that is true? The units are all over 20 years old.

nickycboy
14th December 2009, 11:35 AM
I dont know if this has been discussed before but i am looking for a resale flat in a mature estate. i saw a few units that are on the highest floor. my parents told me that highest floor units will be very hot especially during june and july as the unit will be directly affected by sunlight.

I want to ask if that is true? The units are all over 20 years old.

its true. it does get hot. but it can be used for your benefit. u dont really have to turn on the heater when u take a shower cos the water will be a little warm. then again, not so good when what u need is a cold shower. on the brighter side, u get a good view

kwee34
15th December 2009, 11:56 AM
if i were u, i would simply take the highest floor unit. its really difficult to get such an opportunity. u get to have a higher ceiling plus, u wont have to worry abt noise from an above apartment. to most, highest floor units are valued entities

irng
16th December 2009, 11:10 AM
i agree with kwee higher floor fetch more value. though you have to bear with the heat but i think you gain more then you lost.

myong406
16th December 2009, 01:53 PM
highest floor is the way to go. the resale value of such flats would outweigh the minor drawbacks that it brings.

kwee34
16th December 2009, 02:14 PM
waaaa... just imagine the lifts are spoilt. the walk up is gonna burn the calories! :D

vincehu564
16th December 2009, 02:55 PM
waaaa... just imagine the lifts are spoilt. the walk up is gonna burn the calories! :D

even worst if its one of those new flats that have 20 over floors. that will make your legs turn into jelly after u reach the top

ashmakton
18th December 2009, 11:21 AM
Living on the top floor is where it's at but you may still have problems. Obviously depending on where you are in the building you still may have neighbors next to you. I lived in the top floor of a new block and it was the loudest place I've ever lived in because the floors were super thin. I must admit that living on the top floor you have the best chance of quiet though and at least it won't feel like someone's walking on your head :) Also, if you have noisy neighbours in the future you might try talking with them first and being polite. Good luck.

happylalapo
19th December 2009, 12:45 AM
higher floor unit do fetch better prices.

yes, it is true that when you are on the highest floor being closest to the top, heat from the roof will get to your unit and it tends to be warmer on a higher floor unit, however, if your unit is not facing direct west, than the warm coming from the roof will not be that bad and get a unit that has good breeze like south or north facing than you will not be affected.

kwee34
21st January 2010, 02:36 PM

yes, it is true that when you are on the highest floor being closest to the top, heat from the roof will get to your unit and it tends to be warmer on a higher floor unit, however, if your unit is not facing direct west, than the warm coming from the roof will not be that bad and get a unit that has good breeze like south or north facing than you will not be affected.

u seem to know ur directions pretty well. must have done well in geography :) lol

irng
5th February 2010, 02:18 PM

no need heaty got warm water good meh, save money on electrical. heheheh...