PDA

View Full Version : Diet tips

milooi
12th November 2009, 12:15 PM
i've been looking to lose some weight and get into shape the pass couple of months. i finally wanna start. i read about dieting and found out that a good diet coupled with a good workout routine, i will get in shape fast.

what diet plans do you have? how have the results been? heard of the anabolic diet?

myong406
12th November 2009, 05:45 PM
I've been slowly shifting to this without realizing it (but not adhering strictly to this diet) Protein, vege, fruits, supplement with fats, fish oils. I still sneak in a mouthful or two of rice when I feel like it, or if the occasion calls for it, bread, burgers etc :)

Some of the 'real world effects' I've felt is certainly less bloating (well assuming all things being equal since I haven't changed my workout). Carb craving seems to be lesser or more under control.

cookies
13th November 2009, 02:39 PM
I've been slowly shifting to this without realizing it (but not adhering strictly to this diet) Protein, vege, fruits, supplement with fats, fish oils. I still sneak in a mouthful or two of rice when I feel like it, or if the occasion calls for it, bread, burgers etc :)

Some of the 'real world effects' I've felt is certainly less bloating (well assuming all things being equal since I haven't changed my workout). Carb craving seems to be lesser or more under control.

haha i like this topic.

dieting is something which all girls wanted to do but not many has succeeded. for me is surely no determination. i can try all out all sort of diet program but gave up after a short while. haiya it's so difficult.

myong406
13th November 2009, 03:38 PM
have faith cookies. im sure dieting can help. just have the goal in mind, that is, to lose some extra pounds. have a one track mind in that perspective then everything will fall into place eventually. let us see what other diet plans others may have here... thus we can learn from each other and lead a healthy lifestyle =)

fwong93
13th November 2009, 03:59 PM
i follow a diet that has little or no carbs at all.
i think can use as micronutrients but its only 50g a day which works about 200 calories. have to spend wisely since its so little but hunger pangs are indeed infrequent. my body doesn't crave but pyschologically my mind is telling me i'm missing something. is this what they define as the brain is trying hard to squeeze some glucose for production?

Anyway share with you all how i prepare my chicken breast..

Marination - Garlic, salt, pepper and canola oil as base.
then i'm trying masterfood's mustard and herbs for taste. grill it for 15-20 mins and its ready to eat. Eat with lettuce

Anyone has a good recipe for tuna in water? I know you'll ask me to eat raw but i cannot take the taste and the soggy texture. so i need something to mask it.

routristan
13th November 2009, 04:15 PM
This is a pretty common tip, however, I have a twist to it. Rather than giving up what most diets say you should give up (soda, coffee, beer, caffeine, etc.) just make healthier decisions. I didn’t want to give anything up, so I decided to make some changes instead. The first switch I made was switching to diet soda. Don’t worry, you’ll quickly get used to the flavor. Before I started my diet, I swore I would never drink diet soda. Now thanks to my girlfriend, diet is the only soda I drink. The second switch I made was to drinking black coffee. Cut out the sugar and creme, and you get the benefits of coffee (caffeine) without the calories. The last major switch I made was to “healthy” beer. I’m a Tiger drinker, however, by temporarily switching to Beck’s (60 calories per serving) I was able to still enjoy a healthy social life while maintaining my diet.

In addition to making the small changes in your diet, make the small changes in your life: park further away, walk to the end of the train platform and get in the last cabin, and vow not to take the lift for an entire week. I also found it advantageous to wear a pedometer and try to compete against myself for how far I could walk in a single day. The furthest I walked in a day was 4km. I voluntarily walked to work twice a week.

vincehu564
17th November 2009, 11:33 AM
Did you ever notice that thin people take an awfully long time to eat their food? Eating slowly is one method that can help take off pounds. That's because from the time you begin eating it takes the brain 20 minutes to start signaling feelings of fullness. Fast eaters often eat beyond their true level of fullness before the 20 minute signal has had a chance to set in. The amount of calories consumed before you begin to feel full can vary significantly depending on how quickly you eat. So slow down, take smaller bites and enjoy and savour every bite

milooi
18th November 2009, 11:40 AM
i follow a diet of my own. i didnt pick a particular type. i basically like meat. so i eat all kinds of meat. large servings of them. usually with little or no rice. sometimes i eat potatoes to make up for the carbs. on days when im gonna workout, i pile on the carbs with rice or pasta. more on days when im gonna run and lesser on days when i go to the gym. i drink lots of water and soy milk too. at the office, i take a lot of tea and milo. occasionally, i drink redbull to satisfy my craving for sugar. i take fruits rarely and i almost never take any veg. i know thats not good but its my strange diet and i guess it works :)

cookies
19th November 2009, 10:16 AM
i follow a diet of my own. i didnt pick a particular type. i basically like meat. so i eat all kinds of meat. large servings of them. usually with little or no rice. sometimes i eat potatoes to make up for the carbs. on days when im gonna workout, i pile on the carbs with rice or pasta. more on days when im gonna run and lesser on days when i go to the gym. i drink lots of water and soy milk too. at the office, i take a lot of tea and milo. occasionally, i drink redbull to satisfy my craving for sugar. i take fruits rarely and i almost never take any veg. i know thats not good but its my strange diet and i guess it works :)

can't understand why some people eat so much but still well maintained. my boyfriend is a good example. he eats like no body business and only weigh 66kg for 1.7m guy. i'm going to catch up his weight soon. and worst is he is always eating and wants me to eat with him. how not to grow fat? he always tell me must think positive that i'm not fat and have high metabolism rate, this way my brain will tell my body this way. hahahahhha....

myong406
19th November 2009, 03:01 PM
wow.. just by thinking u can increase rate of metabolism. i wanna try that too. cookies, dont ever get to 66kg. everyone has a different body and thus, need a particular type of diet plan. u may want to read abt diet plans for different blood types. it can give u tips on what diet to follow.

hoclara
20th November 2009, 11:28 AM
here's what i do usually. i eat the low-cal items on my plate first, then graduate. i start with salads, veggies, and soups, and eat meats and starches last. By the time i get to them, i'll be full enough to be contented with smaller portions of the high-calorie choices.

fwong93
15th December 2009, 11:24 AM
i like this thread... i need some motivation to start a healthy lifestyle. im abt 84kgs now. someone help me drop to about 70kg please. . . is that even possible? lol

fwong93
15th December 2009, 03:57 PM
all u have to do to stay in shape, is to have a healthy diet. eat a little bit of everything. never in excess. on top of that, exercise regularly :) with that, all is possible

hoclara
16th December 2009, 02:30 PM
all u have to do to stay in shape, is to have a healthy diet. eat a little bit of everything. never in excess. on top of that, exercise regularly :) with that, all is possible

looks like u found the solution to get healthy. all the best to you. keep fit. . . live long :p