PDA

View Full Version : Home exercise

fwong93
23rd November 2009, 04:02 PM
What are the most effective exercises or exercise program, if possible, that can be done with minimal equipment at home for 1) strength training and for 2) HIIT?

If not, what are the minimum equipment I need? I only got a portable chin-up bar.

For strength I read the FAQ on weight loss, different types of training: vertical/horizontal push/pull, quad/hamstring, knee flex/extension training. What are the simplest ways to achieve this training at home, for example pushup for horizontal push, chin-up for vertical pull etc?

For HIIT, what are recommended exercises to do?

routristan
23rd November 2009, 04:27 PM
For HIIT consider using intervals [20 sec max intensity ex; rest 10sec; repeated 8 times]. A sample ex circuit based on this interval is as follows:
1. Burpee as fast as possible for 20 sec then rest 10 sec;
2. Pull-up as fast as possible for 20 sec then rest 10 sec;
3. Squats as fast as possible for 20 sec then rest 10 sec;
4 Repeat entire sequence 4 times.
You will find this circuit which should take about 6 mins a real challenge.

You can substitute other exercises eg. burpee replaced with jumping jacks or skipping; pull up with push ups.

myong406
23rd November 2009, 04:37 PM
wow. looks fantastic. i wanna try it. but whats a burpee?

irng
24th November 2009, 12:29 PM
what is good for weight lost and reduce fabs in arms? what is hiit?

myong406
24th November 2009, 04:17 PM
HIIT is High-intensity interval training. it simply mean, to work your body to its limit while having little rest in between sets. for toning the arms, do light weight training. to generally lose weight, do cardio workouts. of course u should watch your diet at the same time

milooi
25th November 2009, 11:06 AM
wow. looks fantastic. i wanna try it. but whats a burpee?

Burpees are an excellent full bodyweight conditioning exercise that enhances anaerobic and muscular endurance, and strengthens the whole body. It used to be a staple exercise done for various sports, including rugby training.

Do it regularly and you will be as good as the old man.

myong406
25th November 2009, 11:47 AM
Burpees are an excellent full bodyweight conditioning exercise that enhances anaerobic and muscular endurance, and strengthens the whole body. It used to be a staple exercise done for various sports, including rugby training.

Do it regularly and you will be as good as the old man.

Thanks. Gotta try it. That guy isnt that old? He makes it look really cool

irng
26th November 2009, 09:35 AM
ohhh... cool. light weights like dumb bells is it good?

milooi
26th November 2009, 10:57 AM
light weights are good to tone up the arms. dont use heavy weights unless u want to increase the size of your arm muscles.

routristan
26th November 2009, 04:59 PM
1 month is too short to notice any results from exercise. I've been working out for like 2 months and I have began seeing some difference (I think there is a difference).
You may not see the difference in your body, but you can certainly feel the difference in having more energy, an expanded appetite as well and soreness after a workout. At least that's the case for me.
Give yourself another month or so before you see the difference in your body. Just make sure you stick to your regime, get plenty of rest and have a good diet.

fwong93
4th December 2009, 05:00 PM
1 month is too short to notice any results from exercise. I've been working out for like 2 months and I have began seeing some difference (I think there is a difference).
You may not see the difference in your body, but you can certainly feel the difference in having more energy, an expanded appetite as well and soreness after a workout. At least that's the case for me.
Give yourself another month or so before you see the difference in your body. Just make sure you stick to your regime, get plenty of rest and have a good diet.

its been abt a week now and i have done a lot of exercise. can see a little change in the physical appearance and i feel a lot better too. gonna keep on this routine and see what happens at the end of abt 2 months

vincehu564
11th January 2010, 02:08 PM
this is a good thread. gonna try out some of the exercises. time to get back in shape. ever since i left NS i've been lazing around too much and putting on so much weight :o

irng
15th January 2010, 01:19 PM
haiya, i put on like 4 years over last 3 months lor.

i slept an average of 4- 6 hours a day.

my friend told me she lost 7kg within a month because she sleeps and 1-2 hours a day and eat only a meal.

i told her she is killing herself.

nickycboy
18th January 2010, 11:12 AM
haiya, i put on like 4 years over last 3 months lor.

i slept an average of 4- 6 hours a day.

my friend told me she lost 7kg within a month because she sleeps and 1-2 hours a day and eat only a meal.

i told her she is killing herself.

thats crazy. so little food and so little sleep. but 7 kgs is a huge loss in terms of weight and good if u ask me. but i would try her method though. i really need sleep and surely more meals a day

hoclara
19th January 2010, 11:45 AM
im gonna start my workout routine this week. wanna lose the weight before the CNY. wanna look great again :p

irng
2nd February 2010, 11:15 AM
why alot of relatives too see is it. want them to see you in good shape.

it it very important to look best during cny? my office, i think 50% of them went to do their hair.

i don't know but seems like cny is very important to chinese family.

i'm a chinese but cny is nothing special. it's just a rest day for me.