PDA

View Full Version : Silverware

McMuffin
16th September 2007, 11:56 PM
Anyone know where to buy some nice silverware?

ling
17th January 2008, 10:34 AM
mm... I'm not expert. But try Robinson or Isetan Scotts? Or may be this "Ang Mo" accessories shop called Design Accents at Loewen Gardens. Hope it helps!

happylalapo
21st July 2008, 10:32 PM
hey mc muffin,

i think silver ware are out of fashion already:D :D

i saw some nice one at Takashimaya, check that place out for your silver ware if you still looking for it.

coke addict
22nd July 2008, 01:33 PM
hi mcmuffin, ya lor, silverware, if after years, lost its shine, very troublesome, have to dip them in some solution to wash off the tarnish make it shine.

EILEEN LIU
23rd July 2008, 05:02 PM
gosh silverware, i never come across any of my friends who have silverware at home. guess all my friends earning 'normal' income.

silverware always give me a very high class , expensive impression, like only the well-to-do can afford.

fwong93
21st December 2009, 11:23 AM
gosh silverware, i never come across any of my friends who have silverware at home. guess all my friends earning 'normal' income.

silverware always give me a very high class , expensive impression, like only the well-to-do can afford.

i've seen silver wares that are not that costly. but they look really fantastic. it depends where u look for them. dont go to the hig end stores in shopping malls. go to places in the neighbourhood...

ashmakton
23rd December 2009, 03:32 PM
I have used, purchased, broken, cherished, tried and discarded many different styles and types of flatware in my lifetime. And I have learned a secret: 'Not all flatware is created equal.' Even comparably priced flatware varies in several important ways. And nowhere is it so evident as it is in flatware options, that you get what you pay for. There are some considerations for anyone planning to begin a bridal registry, set up housekeeping, purchase new flatware or replace flatware.

fwong93
24th December 2009, 11:30 AM
Explore flatware craftsmanship. The metal used in flatware is developed into utensils by two different processes.

Drop-forged or forged: In this process the piece is made individually by a molding process. Forged or drop-forged flatware is heavier, denser and has smooth rounded edges. Forged is a higher process and generates a safer utensil that resists chips, breaking and contamination. Forged flatware is stainless as well. The forged piece is treated and sealed to stay smooth and untarnished. Look for flatware labeled as 'forged'. Feel the pieces; you will notice the smoother metal.

ashmakton
29th December 2009, 11:12 AM
Explore flatware craftsmanship. The metal used in flatware is developed into utensils by two different processes.

Drop-forged or forged: In this process the piece is made individually by a molding process. Forged or drop-forged flatware is heavier, denser and has smooth rounded edges. Forged is a higher process and generates a safer utensil that resists chips, breaking and contamination. Forged flatware is stainless as well. The forged piece is treated and sealed to stay smooth and untarnished. Look for flatware labeled as 'forged'. Feel the pieces; you will notice the smoother metal.

u seem to know your silverware pretty well. where do u usually buy yours? any brand preference?