PDA

View Full Version : Digital Door Lock

vincehu564
17th December 2009, 11:27 AM
Want to know if anyone is using such lock system (biometric, card tapping etc) or considering to install one?

So far I've only seen one such shop at IMM. Anywhere else that can offer a more competitive price for such locks?

nickycboy
18th December 2009, 11:29 AM
Can try door's plus. Have been offered but i am still old fashion and prefer the key. I have seen good reviews on door's plus and have met James the owner and we have also bought all our iron mongeries from them.
As i did not shop around to compare price, really cannot tell you if they are cheaper or not but one thing for sure is good service, knowledgeable, patient and humble.

fwong93
29th December 2009, 11:06 AM
can u imagine if the lock malfunctions. i dont think the lock smiths can help here. got to hire hackers! lol

kwee34
11th January 2010, 10:59 AM
this is actually a very safe and secure contraption. visited my cousin's house in the weekend for a house warming party. he had the digital door lock. its really good in my opinion. i would get it for my home but its pretty costly.

irng
11th January 2010, 03:10 PM
Can try door's plus. Have been offered but i am still old fashion and prefer the key. I have seen good reviews on door's plus and have met James the owner and we have also bought all our iron mongeries from them.
As i did not shop around to compare price, really cannot tell you if they are cheaper or not but one thing for sure is good service, knowledgeable, patient and humble.

i agreed with you. wonders what happen if it malfunction. any body has counter this. the good thing is you don't have to worry about forgetting to bring the keys etc.

hoclara
12th January 2010, 11:02 AM
i would really like to know the solutions for its malfunctions. what happens when there is a power shortage? anyone here has experiences with this kind of lock or better yet, own a set for their home?

irng
12th January 2010, 03:59 PM
my friend has one. i'm seeing her this friday if i remember i will ask her.

but i'm sure there is some kind of emergency break code or something of that sort.

hoclara
21st January 2010, 03:34 PM
my friend has one. i'm seeing her this friday if i remember i will ask her.

but i'm sure there is some kind of emergency break code or something of that sort.

so whats the verdict? did u find out anything from your friend?

irng
25th January 2010, 08:13 AM
hehehe not yet leh, did not meet her. usually meet her for mahjong but recently all very busy so very long no play liao.

hoclara
25th January 2010, 11:22 AM
sounds like u really need some time to enjoy yourself. lol. hopefully its soon. so that i can decide whether or not to buy the digital lock. remember to ask how much and from where she got it from k...

thx :)

jonas
28th August 2010, 09:26 AM
Want to know if anyone is using such lock system (biometric, card tapping etc) or considering to install one?

So far I've only seen one such shop at IMM. Anywhere else that can offer a more competitive price for such locks?

there are many brands in the market nowadays, you may consider Yale for the case.

http://contatdecor.blogspot.com/2010/06/toh-tuck-avenue-with-yale-biometric.html

http://sg.88dbmedia1.jobsdb.com/sg_UploadFiles/2010/02/03/C59590B1-31C9-478F-8AA7-BEA3AB6DE53F.jpg

irng
31st August 2010, 05:44 PM
wow this seems really cool. not too expensive as well. but what happen if mulfunction?

clarence
28th January 2011, 03:59 PM
there is this fingerprint lock which was sold during the Sitex show last year. It looks really sturdy and comes with a mechanical key override incase of no power. So as long as you keep the spare key in your car or relative's house it should be really good. You can still find it in the gumtree website HERE (http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Stuff-for-Sale-household-furniture-VandalProof-BioMetric-Fingerprint-Lock-W0QQAdIdZ252236676).

JuJu
29th January 2011, 05:28 PM
Saw from website that even digital finger print lock can be broken into.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/22/digital-fingerprint-door-lock-defeated-by-photocopied-print/

"There's an old adage in the security community that any lock can be picked. Well in this modern age of digital doorlocks with fingerprint scanners, you can't exactly pick them with a bump key, nail file or other such assorted tools, now can you? Luckliy for budding criminals, the smart cats on "Mythbusters" discovered that one of these "never been broken" digital fingerprint scanner locks (they didn't cite the manufacturer) -- Which also comes with thermal sensors (to detect if there's a real human behind that print) -- can in fact be quite easily duped. So how'd they do it? By copying the master fingerprint onto a piece of latex and attaching it to his thumb, Adam Savage was able to open the lock without a problem. Savage and his team then duplicated the feat by making another copy with ballistics gel. And to top it all off, they did it a third time (check the video link below) with a just a photocopy of the master fingerprint and a little saliva. Perhaps our own Marc Weber Tobias should have a word with the makers of these schlocky locks".