PDA

View Full Version : Hiccup

nickycboy
11th January 2010, 02:29 PM
i just managed to get rid of my hiccups that were part of my entire sunday. i have no idea how they stayed with me so long. i recently read that people can actually think that they dont exist and they will eventually go away. also found out that drinking water and getting shocked are mere myths that dont guarantee that u lose the hiccups.

myong406
12th January 2010, 11:34 AM
those are some interesting facts. glad u shared them. frankly speaking, i dont even recall having hiccups at all. thats a funny fact as it is. i wonder why i never get hiccups. mayb i should go find out how hiccups occur

nickycboy
19th January 2010, 11:48 AM
Hiccups are the result of an action the body takes to protect itself. Hiccups can start because hot food has irritated the phrenic nerve near the oesophagus, or when gas in the stomach presses upward against the diaphragm.

irng
12th February 2010, 05:04 PM
this is interesting. frankly speaking it has never occur to me to find out how does one gets hiccup. usually when i got hiccup, my husband will give me a sudden slap on my hands. it will go away for a while but will return again.

a1c0l33n
7th October 2010, 01:29 PM
i usually drink water while holding my breath when i got hiccup and it works with me..the hiccups gone..

irng
8th October 2010, 10:21 AM
i tried water and holding breath too. but it still works awhile and return again. no fool proof plan for me leh