PDA

View Full Version : CNY decorating

hoclara
19th January 2010, 11:43 AM
lunar new year is just around the corner. what have u planned to do to your home for the upcoming festive season? share youe ideas

routristan
22nd January 2010, 11:12 AM
A huge clean-up needs to be done before the New Year. Clean the house from top to bottom, to sweep away the dust of the gone year. Give a new coat of red paint on the doors and windowpanes. As, the color red is considered lucky and is believe that it scares the evil. For decorations one can set the tone of the party with abundant use of red and gold as these colors are believed to cast away the evil. Create a festive ambience with red and gold scented candles.

hazel
25th January 2010, 10:26 AM
i'm just going to keep it real simple as no one is coming for visiting. just keep it clean with some "pao" will be for me this year.

ashmakton
25th January 2010, 11:02 AM
i've never been a fan of cleaning up for the new year festivities but now that there is a woman in my life, im looking forward to cleaning up with her. strangely, im also quite anxious to go shopping for new stuff :D

hazel
26th January 2010, 09:42 AM
hahahahah..... it seems like your woman has a great influence over your life huh. sometimes, it just about enjoy doing things together with your love ones.

ashmakton
26th January 2010, 11:20 AM
hahahahah..... it seems like your woman has a great influence over your life huh. sometimes, it just about enjoy doing things together with your love ones.

she does. not that im a totally lifeless without her, but she has truly made a difference in my life. doing things together just helps us maintain a healthy and lively relationship. looks like she's gonna be the one for me

hazel
26th January 2010, 12:29 PM
wowwww... congrates in advance first.

vosiez
3rd February 2010, 03:38 PM
this yr is v auspicious that valentine's day coincides with CNY. good chance for those in lurve to do something romantic that includes the family hehehe :)

hazel
24th February 2010, 11:16 AM
hahahahaa... so ashmaton, did you do anything romantic?

generally for me, my bf and went went to singapore flyer. we timed ourselves to ride the tube at 1145pm on the eve so that at 12am, we should be at the highest point of the ride as the journey takes about 30 mins. as 12mn, there will be fire works at the river ang bao.

not sure is this was romantic. hahahahah...