PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Furniture Maintenance

milooi
5th April 2010, 05:07 PM
Guys, do you polish your wooden furniture? If yes, how often and what do u use? Thanks!

cookies
6th April 2010, 10:06 AM
i have wooden furniture but i don't polish them. my maintenance is just dettol and water and wipe them over. heheheh...

milooi
6th April 2010, 05:59 PM
i have wooden furniture but i don't polish them. my maintenance is just dettol and water and wipe them over. heheheh...

Dettol? Wouldn't that make it smell like a hospital? hehehe kidding!

cookies
7th April 2010, 10:55 AM
i love the smell of dettol. it's like perfume to me. i practically wash everything with dettol.

ecenur
1st November 2010, 10:08 PM
I never polish my furniture but some time clean it with wet cloth helps bring the shine back.

cookies
13th December 2010, 01:40 PM
if not you can try those high shine polish for wooden furniture. it suppose to remove dust and dirt and shine at the same time.

evel
11th February 2011, 05:05 PM
Try using "Pledge" it will bring the shine back, but beware it will practically make your room your own ice skating park. Use it sparingly.

JuJu
23rd February 2011, 05:34 AM
Wood is a natural material. Veins and knots are part of the nature of the wood, and not two pieces of wooden furniture can be totally alike. Colours and structures of the wood changes throughout life, and therefore we recommend all surfaces to be left “clean” for a couple of months, to avoid discoloration – because of sunlight, and changes in humidity – from vases, knick-knacks and similar. Changes in the colour of the wood can be postponed by protecting the wood against sunlight, and to avoid fluctuating humidity of the atmosphere. Use a moist cloth for cleaning, and of course spilt water must be removed immediately. Solid wood might warp by change in humidity, meaning that e.g. table tops might become rough or slightly bended, and might get star shakes – small cracks between the veins, which are of no importance for the durability. Solid wood must be able to “breathe”. For this reason you may never cover solid wooden furniture with e.g. plastic or oilcloth for more than 12 hours running. If the wood cannot “breathe” – it will crack. Do not keep wooden furniture in non-heated rooms. Protect wooden furniture against heat from pots, radiators and similar, and never use indoor furniture at the terrace. If chair legs become wet, colour might come off on the carpet, which you must remember by cleaning the carpet.

JuJu
23rd February 2011, 05:35 AM
That would be funny if all people were to slide around after using pledge. :D

valeriewalton
12th October 2011, 03:38 PM
Th only thing I do to maintain my wooden furniture is to wipe them at with a slightly wet piece of smooth unused clothe at least once a week just to remove the dust.

chrisriddle
1st October 2015, 06:46 PM
Wooden furniture requires less maintenance.