PDA

View Full Version : Renovation of 3 room flat

pals008
6th May 2010, 10:42 AM
Wondering how much it will cost me to renovate my whole house and where to find a good contractor.. Will there provide me internal loan? Any suggestion for me?

anit
7th May 2010, 08:11 AM
cost of renovation depends of what you want for your house therefore is rather subjective. is it new or resale? what do you mean by internal loan? loan from the renovater? i don't think they do that but i think they can assist you in getting a loan.

pals008
9th May 2010, 02:57 PM
Yes its a resale flat...

McMuffin
9th May 2010, 09:05 PM
Hi pals, you tried this tool http://www.thehomelook.com/resources/calculators/calculator-renovation-cost.php ?

Some contractors provide internal loans I believe - I know of people who negotiated to pay their contractor by instalment so maybe you can try that :)

anit
10th May 2010, 08:02 AM
oh really there is such service if renovator providing loans? that's cool. are they comparable to bank's loans?

happylalapo
10th May 2010, 04:37 PM
Wondering how much it will cost me to renovate my whole house and where to find a good contractor.. Will there provide me internal loan? Any suggestion for me?

How much is enough for a renovation depends very much on your budget and how luxusrious you like your home to be.

You can spend as low as 10 k to as high as 200k .

Bottomline, live within your budget.

First calculate your finance, see how much you would like to spend on the renovation.

Than write down what you need to do in the house - itemised them.

Do a rough estimate as to how much you will like to spend for each item, than ask for quotation from contractor.

Your question where to find good reliable contractor - you can count on the Home look website, they have good directory and reliable contractor.

Stay within your budget if what you estimated is too low than make some adjustment. Always stick within your lum sum budget.

Loan - you thinking of getting renovation loan? I think if you can try not to take loan for such matters. you can always do bit by bit if finances are too tight :)

McMuffin
10th May 2010, 04:57 PM
oh really there is such service if renovator providing loans? that's cool. are they comparable to bank's loans?

It's more of an instalment plan rather than a loan. Not many renovation contractors are open to this from my own experience and it's certainly not a standard offering so I'm afraid you cannot really compare with bank loans.

anit
12th May 2010, 10:24 AM
oh ok.

yar i was thinking if renovator takes the job of a bank, there is very high risk for them.

back to happylalapo,

you must be in some kind of finance business. very meticulous in $$$$. yar i agree leave within your means, spend with your availability.