PDA

View Full Version : Big house vs great home decor

Home Decor Fanatic
21st May 2010, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, question. Would you rather a big house but modestly furnished one, or a small one but beautifully decorated? I'm asking this question because i find that it's mostly either or...seldom find big house that's really decorated stylishly.

vincehu564
24th May 2010, 01:43 PM
to me, the home decor is more important than the size of the house...even a small house can be very beautiful and stylish if done up properly

hazel
25th May 2010, 10:32 AM
i will go for small house but great decor. big house + great decor = expensive. hahahah. to me i always in favour of small houses maybe because my family is small and most importantly i doing most of the housework.

Home Decor Fanatic
26th May 2010, 11:35 AM
hahaha Hazel, that's very smart indeed. But I suppose if you can afford big house and great decor, then you probably wouldn't be the one doing the housework. Hehehhe

hazel
26th May 2010, 12:28 PM
yar lar maybe true. but then if you have a small family why need a big house? make the home so empty.

akikomei
3rd June 2010, 05:48 PM
as what vince said
home decor is more important than the size of the house..
and it also depends on your personal style..

Curry Chicken
7th June 2010, 02:35 PM
Good interior design is much more important than size of house but give me a big house with good interior design anyday :D

Ah Boy
7th June 2010, 03:12 PM
I cannot have small house cause too many people staying liao. Vote for big house!!

kitzenz
8th June 2010, 01:51 PM
I have a very tiny flat and it was such a joy filling it with all the nice things that I like and can afford - e.g. the two windows had wonderful treatment cos, even at $1000 apiece, it was okay... but simply splendid looking.
However, as the years went by, it got cluttered and the things were too nice to throw out! Even the small items take up space and storage is minimum... discipline in decorating then becomes imperative for small spaces.

Ah Boy
8th June 2010, 04:53 PM
You're so right kitzenz! My house is filled with nice junk :D

ashmakton
8th June 2010, 05:06 PM
I have a very tiny flat and it was such a joy filling it with all the nice things that I like and can afford - e.g. the two windows had wonderful treatment cos, even at $1000 apiece, it was okay... but simply splendid looking.
However, as the years went by, it got cluttered and the things were too nice to throw out! Even the small items take up space and storage is minimum... discipline in decorating then becomes imperative for small spaces.

Talk about clutter, my mum drives me nuts cos she saves everything I want to throw away. She will say still good wat, why you so wasteful, even if the thing has been around forever and i haven't used it since forever. Why are mums always like that? aiyooo....