PDA

View Full Version : Best country to raise family

kwee34
4th June 2010, 05:29 PM
Many people keep complaining about the pace of life in singapore and the high cost of living. In that case, considering these factors, where do you think is the best place in the world to raise a family?

Curry Chicken
7th June 2010, 03:27 PM
Western countries' education system either do not teach Chinese or do not teach Chinese well. I want my children to be good at both Chinese and English so it has be a country that teaches both well. This naturally means Singapore, doesn't it?

milooi
8th June 2010, 05:22 PM
i agree that singapore is a good place too, but i would prefer somewhere where children are free-er to try out different career options. whether they want to be a dancer or an artist or generally take more risks in life and be more creative.

at the same time, i like countries where we can take short weekend trips like going mountain-climbing, wine tasting, strawberry-picking etc. i think that would mean western countries, but haven't narrowed down to which country. :p

eileenlim
17th June 2010, 04:31 PM
aiyo, be contended my pals. you sure be very blessed to be a singaporean.

McMuffin
23rd June 2010, 07:29 PM
Singapore is not perfect but it's a great place to be. I think it's human nature to be nomadic though so even if a place is perfect, we'll have thoughts about the other side of the grass being greener :)

eileenlim
24th June 2010, 02:57 PM
ditto.... never ending comparision

Interior Designer
25th June 2010, 05:43 PM
Seems like Singaporeans love to complain about the country, but we actually do love our country ;)

eileenlim
28th June 2010, 03:14 PM
that's why singaporean is best known for the 3Cs - kia shu, kia si and ka po.