PDA

View Full Version : Making small room appear larger

Home Decor Fanatic
30th June 2010, 05:26 PM
Other than using mirrors and light coloured paint, what else can u do to make a room look bigger?

nickycboy
1st July 2010, 05:26 PM
Striped walls or rugs give the illusion of space...but at the rate our flats are shrinking, i think no trick can help. gotta accept it's small

cookies
1st July 2010, 05:31 PM
Maybe u can bring down a few walls. That will help definately. : )

McMuffin
7th July 2010, 11:22 PM
Try "gradient" the wall painting. Start off with a darker shade at the bottom of the wall and build up to a lighter shade of the same colour :)

robertsamual
23rd October 2010, 06:44 PM
Maybe u can bring down a few walls. That will help definately. : )

Ha ha ! That was pretty funny. Actually there are many ways to do this. You can do this by taking an experts advice. It depends upon floor tiles, furniture size and spacing, paint on walls etc. So if you want your room look big. Keep these things in mind and go for an expert. :cool:

cookies
25th October 2010, 10:03 AM
i did not know that so many things can make a room look big.

my dad is painting the house coming depvalli holiday, anything that we should consider when selecting the paint?

ecenur
1st November 2010, 09:59 PM
Try to remove unnecessary things like bedside table or maybe have a nice rug front of the entrance door will give smother look. also consider putting small furniture instead of a big sofa set or bed. if you have TV mounting into the wall will be good idea instead of putting it on the stand or table. :) good luck

cookies
2nd November 2010, 08:46 AM
wah yar i find my house very packed i think like you said is because to many bulky furnitures.

Yuk!L33
9th November 2010, 10:06 AM
remove all the clutters and also the unnecessary furniture in your room..a room will look larger if it is well-lit either by natural or artificial lighting.

cookies
10th November 2010, 07:50 AM
what is consider artificial lightings?

Nova Lighting Store
24th November 2010, 04:33 AM
what is consider artificial lightings?
Light that comes from lamps and other lighting fixtures, not the sun.

cookies
16th December 2010, 08:40 AM
oh silly me. hahahahahha....:p

milooi
12th January 2011, 11:47 AM
HAHAHAHH! that's really very funny...