PDA

View Full Version : Part-time maid

milooi
6th July 2010, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking out of outsourcing some housework to a part-time maid...the heavy-lifting and boring ones like washing toilet, laundry and mopping. Anyone had experience with this?

cookies
6th July 2010, 11:07 AM
i used to have one many years ago but many of my peers are using such part-time domestic helpers. the market rate now should be about $10 an hour for a minimum of 4 hours.

i think it's ok and is rather affordable, but the down side is you must have someone at home to monitor.

hoclara
13th July 2010, 11:45 AM
or get someone you know, or someone recommended by your friends so you know that person can be trusted. i think it's a good idea to have a part-time maid so that you can have more time to spend with your loved ones..

cookies
16th July 2010, 03:33 PM
yar if you have like $200 to spare every month. why not? no body likes to do house work.

chanel26
7th September 2010, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking out of outsourcing housework to a part-time maid the heavy-lifting and boring ones like washing toilet, laundry and mopping. Anyone had experience with this?

A maid is a great investment whether you are a hardworking business woman or a full-time mother running around taking care of the children. Cooking for a family, keeping a house clean, and working full-time are all exhausting feats.

The fantastic part about hiring a maid is that maids are convenient, easily accessible, and at your beck and call whenever you need them. Schedule a weekly appointment to get some time to yourself when you find out your parents are visiting last minute to spend quality time with the grandchildren.

Hope it helps ;)

happylalapo
10th September 2010, 08:35 AM
Yes, I agree.

I think it is hard to live without a maid. She helps to take the chore of doing the most difficult job, that is to ironing.

This is something I cannot do on my own, I never know how to iron from very young and I hate to do it.

But to get a part time maid is also not cheap nowadays, average wage per hour is between 15 to 18 dollars. Minimum time they work is 4 hours.

For an average worker, that will mean $60 per time and I think to have a place clean and neat you need the maid to come twice a week that will be $120 per week.

cookies
14th September 2010, 07:51 AM
there is no best of both worlds. you have to pay for your laziness. i used to have a part time helper that comes by every sunday but decided to drop off that after trying for a month. mainly because i'm quite a particular person. i have my own style of doing things and when i see the maid do it in another way i don't like it even if there is nothing wrong with her method.

also my dad is a generous man. he always gives things or extra money to the helper. this means additional cost. is not that we are stingy but then moderation is important.

i have people that came over to fix up our 2 aircon units and am already paying $550 for that and on top of that, he still give the bangadeshy workers an unopened bottle of whiskey. OMG.

imagine he keeps givinh things to people that would means a bigger hole in my pocket. :cool:

eileen8
3rd December 2011, 11:18 AM
I do agree sometime doing household chores is super tedious and tired... getting a reliable part time maid is not easy nowadays...

cookies
23rd December 2011, 05:09 PM
for part-time maid best get recommendations from peers and family. for stay-in maid they said don't get new ones get those that has stayed here for a while but of cos must have good reasons why she left the last family.

EileenWee
11th January 2012, 12:25 PM
I do agree sometime doing household chores is super tedious and tired... getting a reliable part time maid is not easy nowadays...

I agree with your saying that its hard to get a reliable part time maid. Best is get legal ones with company support. Engaged the Part Time Maid from Part Time Maid Singapore to help me. cleaning service not bad. can try if you want

wendychia
16th March 2012, 01:18 PM
Can try check out with Professional Part Time Maid
Heard my friends said that the cleaner are quite good but i had never tried engage them yet..