PDA

View Full Version : iphone vs blackberry vs android

nickycboy
6th September 2010, 02:32 PM
So many smartphones in the market. Which is your choice? Do they really make your life easier?

irng
6th September 2010, 05:48 PM
actually i'm getting a new phone as well and have been going to starhub shops for 2 days but all the phones are sold out. be it iphone black berry or even sumsung.

it seems like there is some handphone craze right now.

i was looking at between balckberry bold and sumsung wave. sumsung is not using android but their own platform i think call bada or something like that.

actually to me, i'm not really a techky person. so it does not really bothers me that much.

cookies
6th September 2010, 06:54 PM
Heard from friends that Black Berry really works wonder on the fingers. Once u get the hang of it u could type like on a actual keyboard. Black berry is for those who have lots of mail. It is an office phone.

Windows phone great for those looking for similar like to a computer operations. But heard that windows will be obsolete in 2 years time. Lots of extra applications for download.

Android latest version is 2.2 which gives consumer abit of every thing but without the lag of windows. But some applications are limited.

hoclara
15th September 2010, 11:35 AM
Just stick to Nokia! no need to think so much :)

irng
20th September 2010, 02:34 PM
was having lunch with an associate just now and were talking about iphone ans such.

she said year ago nokia was like a hit, a fashion statement but now if you don't carry iphone, you are alike out of the league.

Ah Boy
22nd September 2010, 07:48 PM
iPhone apps very fun :D But I saw my fren's Samsung the interface like better le. I find smartphones very useful for work. So convenient to surf web and email now!

nickycboy
23rd September 2010, 09:37 AM
ya, easy to work from everywhere. So, we must work 24/7. hahaha. anyway, i've been trying to get the iphone from singtel, but everytime out of stock. nonsense.

anyone knows how blackberry bbm works? y ppl say its free? doesn't it use internet to connect? then how can it be free?

irng
29th September 2010, 12:33 PM
don't know leh. i think you still needs a data plan or else how to go online.

i wanted to get a black berry bold but no stock.

it seems like all the phones i enquire are all sold out.

lion
18th January 2011, 03:44 PM
Yah loh all Iphone is like hot cakes, need at least 3 mths booking b4 can get it. Sign........:eek:

Bill
30th January 2011, 08:11 AM
but can you play angry birds on it?

kwee34
31st January 2011, 11:55 AM
i heard now they got home delivery for Singtel iphone4. i think it's too much trouble to get the iphone. need to book, then sold out, then heard got problems with the phone, then heard latest version coming out blah blah blah. seriously, we should just boycott it.

cookies
1st February 2011, 04:44 AM
Yup should just do that, sick n tired of all this tel shop giving all the bulls talk and we are treated like sim lim square customer. U want u take it if not F@#* O&!.

Other country telco company their service are like tip top because they want to retain you, but sad it seems that way in Singapore you got not much of a choice.

All the hypocrite would say all good things and so called giving the best offer but when something happen then they start giving you hell. :mad: