PDA

View Full Version : Car

anit
21st September 2010, 10:14 AM
is it better to rental a car or buy one.

my friend rent a mitsubishi lancer on a long term basis and her rental is about $650/mth,

she does not have to worry about maintanence, road tax etc.

you think worth it?

McMuffin
21st September 2010, 09:31 PM
That sounds reasonable! Buying a car in Singapore is like renting a car for 10 years anyway. Who offers this long term rental service?

anit
30th September 2010, 10:09 AM
actually i'm not sure.

her husband is a car dealer maybe got good lobang for long term rental.

but i tot $650 per month for a 1.6l mitsubishi lancer which is about 4 years old i think it's quite ok right?

Ah Boy
7th October 2010, 09:52 PM
$650 not bad la. About same price as buying one but can keep switching cars :D

anit
18th October 2010, 01:13 PM
next time after i sold my car i also want to rent long term liao. don't have to worry so much. got money rent, no money don't have to worry about the installment, just stop renting.

ashmakton
19th October 2010, 03:46 PM
that's a good idea...altho i really find singapore's public transport so efficient, almost don't need car except for going out late.

anit
21st October 2010, 02:42 PM
actually i agree with you. but the thing is in peak hours, you still need to squeeze that's 1 thing i really don't like.

abrahambeckers
20th May 2013, 06:32 PM
It is reasonable and it becomes trend this days. Buying a car means you have to maintain it and paid road tax as well. When you take a car on rent, then you have not to worry about its maintenance or paying any kind of tax, so it is worth to take a car on rent.