PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card

ashmakton
6th October 2010, 11:48 AM
Hey, surveying around. what's the best credit you have? and what the best rewards you've redeemed from the credit card?

anit
7th October 2010, 11:12 AM
this is a good one.

i also want to know.

i only got 1 credit card. standard chartered prudential card which enables me to accumulate my points and use it to pay off my insurance premiums.

kwee34
8th October 2010, 11:07 AM
for credit cards, i like their 0% instalment. allows me to buy something without the heart pain of spending the money lump sum.

as for the points, i think just consolidate all on one card to maximise the points. otherwise, you will end up with the hassle of paying so many bills.

kwee34
13th October 2010, 03:05 PM
I think Citibank is good for their airmiles.

anit
14th October 2010, 07:34 AM
citibank & UOB i think is good for food.

but again it depends on your lifestyle.

if you are those kind that enjoys food or shopping then there is different cards catered to different needs and lifestyle.

survey again and compare first.

fwong93
14th October 2010, 04:40 PM
ya, i agree with anit.

i always look out for their buffet 1-1 offers :)

anit
15th October 2010, 07:27 AM
who doesn't love food.

but i'm not those who always goes to restuarant so this kind of card does not entice me.

Ah Boy
18th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Petrol vouchers most practical :D

anit
19th October 2010, 10:50 AM
btw have you guys heard that when we purchase from US websites, certain credit cards they don't accept?

i recently made some online purchase from a branded label in US but they rejected my order because they do not accept my credit card.

i called my bank, the officer said could be 2 ways they bank can also reject the merchant.

isn't it credit card can be used internationally?

milooi
4th November 2010, 04:58 PM
is that so? I've never had problems purchasing with my credit cards online before. Just that, some charge higher for certain cards which are not preferred cards

kwee34
8th November 2010, 04:49 PM
grrr..spent too much during long weekend. i think credit cards can be evil sometimes hehehe

anit
12th November 2010, 07:36 AM
is that so? I've never had problems purchasing with my credit cards online before. Just that, some charge higher for certain cards which are not preferred cards

yar, it puzzled me as well. i used standard chart. my friend uses citi bank with the same merchant also cannot. and it's a international label somemore. :confused: