PDA

View Full Version : Most Expensive Item

kwee34
2nd December 2010, 12:00 PM
Hello all. Question, what is the most expensive item you've bought for yourself in your working life, excluding house, car or education? Sometimes I think we just work everyday and forget to pamper ourselves don't you think?;)

eileenlim
14th December 2010, 05:36 PM
hmmm... can't really recall but i recently bought a kate spade bag for $300+ not too expensive but still feel the pinch.

milooi
21st March 2011, 11:26 AM
I spend a lot on spa. That's how I pamper myself. I heard that in life, it's important to have a variety of experiences so that we know what is good food, good music, etc. If we don't try, we won't know.

hazel
21st March 2011, 03:34 PM
Most expensive is a child, bringing a child up. 1 you have your hands full. Need to pay for milk, doctor, toy, clothing etc. And you need to do that for 20 years till the child is old enough to take care of themselves, sometimes longer.
So which condo or house would need your full attention, and keep paying till you are old and feeble. Of course the joy and happiness gain are incomparable to monetary terms.

lion
21st March 2011, 05:13 PM
Yah lor money cannot buy happiness. But we cannot live without $$$. Sigh so to get best of both worlds need to get more $$$ and make more babies. :D

JuJu
23rd March 2011, 12:31 PM
What would considered expensive to one man, might be affordable to another man. You could get a new Porsche, but your neighbor in China is getting a plane and yacht. Not possible to compared. Like now in Japan, even a piece of clean vegetables would be a blessing and heavenly pampering.

hoclara
24th March 2011, 03:13 PM
I think it's interesting how over the years our concept of expensive changes. Like when I was growing up, I thought $30 haircuts are expensive. Now I've spent thousands on my hair without even blinking.

anit
5th April 2011, 11:57 PM
Couple of thousand dollars for hair cut wowwww. Must be like a some designer who style your hair. Spending like 150 each time with color is already a luxury already. My bf worse cut his own hair only spend 18 buying the electric cutter.

Jason
5th October 2011, 07:48 PM
I think I've spent the most money on consumer electronics. When I was still a kid I saved my pocket money to buy a portable CD Player. Those kind of investments grew with age and technology. I can't even tell how many computers I've already had or how much I spent for television sets in total. It must statistically interesting how much money an average American spends on consumer electronics in his life.